    a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before

    Any help would be appreciated

    Thanks

    Pete, Feb 21, 2006

  2. Pete

    old jon Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:rBKf.36188$...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file
    > which is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is
    > probably a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated
    >
    > Thanks

    Sounds like you are trying to update the BIOS ?.
    If so, you need a good reason, `cos it can be Dangerous !,
    if you`re not sure what you`re doing.
    Are you updating to cure a problem ?.

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Feb 21, 2006

  3. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Pete" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file
    >> which is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is
    >> probably a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Sounds like you are trying to update the BIOS ?.
    > If so, you need a good reason, `cos it can be Dangerous !,
    > if you`re not sure what you`re doing.
    > Are you updating to cure a problem ?.
    >
    > --
    > bw..OJ

    I have two SATA HDDs and when I first received the computer ( I didn't
    actually build it, a well known company built it to my spec) I thought they
    were running
    a bit slow but was so swamped at the time that I didn't get round to looking
    into it. Then time just passed and things got pogressively worse, to the
    point now where the regular ATA drive on my other computer positively flies
    along in comparison. This computer has slowed to a plod

    So I am trying to fix the problem

    Do you know where I can find a copy of the drivers for the Promise Fast Trak
    376 RAID controller?

    Thanks

    Pete

    Pete, Feb 21, 2006
  4. Pete

    old jon Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file
    > which is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is
    > probably a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Pete go here and sign up for Free, and sort out the one you want.
    list.driverguide.com/list/company854/

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Feb 21, 2006
  5. Pete

    old man Guest

    http://www.promise.com/
    ??

    old man, Feb 21, 2006
  6. Pete

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:54:28 GMT, Pete wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file which
    >is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is probably
    >a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated

    Advice, don't do it.

    If you have gotten as far as you did without reading the docs and major
    READMEs on BIOS download pages and are asking in 24HSHD you should NOT
    do it.

    >Thanks

    Me

    why?, Feb 21, 2006
  7. Pete

    Plato Guest

    Pete wrote:

    > I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file which
    > is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is probably
    > a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before

    Seems like a bios flash file. Do you need to flash your bios. Why?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 21, 2006