    http://www.hexff.com/win98_install.html

    Is this true?
    Joy
    Joy, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Joy

    Chris Guest

    Joy wrote:

    > We are reinstalling windows98 for the first time ever, it's tense here.
    > The motherboard was replaced months ago, still under guarrentee, with the
    > same type, or so I thought. But the chipset must be different because the
    > disc that came with the original motherboard can't be used to update the
    > driver. Is there a way of finding out what is actually inside half way
    > through a windows install? If so, I should be able to download a driver
    > from the net of this pc for it.
    > I can get to system information in control panel but am not sure what I'm
    > looking at.
    > I can't proceed with any other driver installations till this one is found
    > according to the howto at,
    >
    > http://www.hexff.com/win98_install.html
    >
    > Is this true?
    > Joy

    What chipset does your MoBo have? Did it come with a CD-ROM? If so the
    drivers will probably be on that. Failing that you can most likely
    download the latest drivers from the MoBo's website.

    Is there a splash screen at startup that indicates what type/nodel of MoBo
    you have?

    Chris.
    Chris, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Joy

    The Flash Guest

    try ctbios and ctpci

    ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/ctbios15.zip

    ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/ctpci330.zip

    The Flash, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Joy

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <3Wvgb.170599$>, chris-dot-
    says...
    > Joy wrote:
    >
    > > We are reinstalling windows98 for the first time ever, it's tense here.
    > > The motherboard was replaced months ago, still under guarrentee, with the
    > > same type, or so I thought. But the chipset must be different because the
    > > disc that came with the original motherboard can't be used to update the
    > > driver. Is there a way of finding out what is actually inside half way
    > > through a windows install? If so, I should be able to download a driver
    > > from the net of this pc for it.
    > > I can get to system information in control panel but am not sure what I'm
    > > looking at.
    > > I can't proceed with any other driver installations till this one is found
    > > according to the howto at,
    > >
    > > http://www.hexff.com/win98_install.html
    > >
    > > Is this true?
    > > Joy

    > What chipset does your MoBo have? Did it come with a CD-ROM? If so the
    > drivers will probably be on that. Failing that you can most likely
    > download the latest drivers from the MoBo's website.
    >
    > Is there a splash screen at startup that indicates what type/nodel of MoBo
    > you have?

    Typically there is not a "splash screen", the info is displayed near the
    bottom of the first startup screen.
    Mainlander, Oct 7, 2003
  5. In article <3f827c3f$>, says...
    > We are reinstalling windows98 for the first time ever, it's tense here. The
    > motherboard was replaced months ago, still under guarrentee, with the same
    > type, or so I thought. But the chipset must be different because the disc
    > that came with the original motherboard can't be used to update the driver.
    > Is there a way of finding out what is actually inside half way through a
    > windows install? If so, I should be able to download a driver from the net
    > of this pc for it.
    > I can get to system information in control panel but am not sure what I'm
    > looking at.
    > I can't proceed with any other driver installations till this one is found
    > according to the howto at,
    >
    > http://www.hexff.com/win98_install.html
    >
    > Is this true?
    > Joy

    If you can get to system information then I don't see why you should have
    to install further MoBo drivers ... regardless: get AIDA32, that will
    be able to tell you all you would possibly care to know about what is
    inside your computer (including make and model of your Mainboard).

    http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

    h.t.h. -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Oct 7, 2003
  6. On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:36:16 +1300, Joy wrote:

    > Is there a way of finding out what is actually inside half way through a
    > windows install?

    open the covers and look inside....
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 7, 2003