    a clock speed of 133mhz though I have no idea on PC 2's motherboard speed.
    How do I check motherboard speeds? I don't have the motherboard manuals for
    these 2 PCs. Is thtere a software that can check a motherboard's speed?

    Tsun Szu, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Tsun Szu

    Wizard Guest

    Not all motherboards are created equal.

    Wizard, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Tsun Szu

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    Words of wizdom there!

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Tsun Szu

    Spajky Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:57:33 +0800, "Tsun Szu" <>
    wrote:

    >I have 2 Pentium III - 866mhz systems. I call them PC1 and PC2. Both are
    >running on win98se with 256mb ram and with plenty of disk space (hard drives
    >are 40gb) and both have the same video cards GeForce 2 with 64mb rams. But
    >they are both not using the same motherboard.

    > I find that PC2 runs faster than PC1. . Could it be due to
    >motherboard speeds?

    Yes, maybe slower has a Via chipset or Sis ...

    >On booting up I could see that PC1's motherboard shows
    >a clock speed of 133mhz

    Thats FSB speed ...

    >though I have no idea on PC 2's motherboard speed.
    >How do I check motherboard speeds?

    in Bios check settings

    > Is thtere a software that can check a motherboard's speed?

    CPU-Z software . (will tell you also chipset model)
    --
    Regards, SPAJKY ®
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

    Spajky, Oct 15, 2004
  5. Tsun Szu

    Plato Guest

    Wizard wrote:

    > Not all motherboards are created equal.

    True. Their are fast motherboards and there are slow motherboards and
    everything inbetween.

    Plato, Oct 15, 2004
  6. Tsun Szu

    Ken Dennis Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:57:33 +0800, Tsun Szu wrote:

    > I have 2 Pentium III - 866mhz systems. I call them PC1 and PC2. Both are
    > running on win98se with 256mb ram and with plenty of disk space (hard drives
    > are 40gb) and both have the same video cards GeForce 2 with 64mb rams. But
    > they are both not using the same motherboard.
    >
    > When I run NFS -Underground, I find that PC2 runs faster than PC1. Why is
    > that? The racing graphics are the tell tale signs. Could it be due to
    > motherboard speeds? On booting up I could see that PC1's motherboard shows
    > a clock speed of 133mhz though I have no idea on PC 2's motherboard speed.
    > How do I check motherboard speeds? I don't have the motherboard manuals for
    > these 2 PCs. Is thtere a software that can check a motherboard's speed?

    If you know the brand of your motherboard you can lookup the type and
    download the manual in PDF (adobe) format. Most motherboard manufacturers
    now keep copies of all their manuals online.

    If you don't know the type, you could always pop the case open and take a
    look.

    --

    Ken Dennis
    http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net:8089/