Motherboard Replacement - HP Pavilion XT933

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by j-net, Sep 23, 2003.

  1. j-net

    j-net Guest

    I've got a Pavilion XT933 that I'm working on for
    a friend that won't turn on.

    The power supply is working fine (I tested it in
    another computer), the cpu fan works and I can
    hear the hard drive start up but; nothing else
    happens, not a single beep. I'm assuming it needs
    a new motherboard, otherwise I would expect at
    least error code beeps. (If you have any other
    ideas, please let me know)

    Does anyone know of a decent replacement board for
    these machines? I'd like to find a motherboard
    that will fit into the existing case if at all
    possible. The current board is listed on the hp
    site as manufactured by Trigem and has all the
    connections for video, sound, & LAN on a metal
    plate with the USB, PS2 and other connectors.
    I've installed a few motherboards with sound and
    video on board, but they used an expansion slot
    and connected to the board with a cable & plug.

    It has a 1 Ghz processor, that I haven't been
    able to test, but I might be able to convince
    him to upgrade w/ a combo deal. I tested the
    memory (PC100 SDRAM) in another machine and it is
    fine. It has the video, sound, and LAN all
    on-board. I'd rather not have to replace it all
    with individual cards.

    There are so many different boards out there I
    could spends weeks trying to find one. I've
    already been to many online stores, but have yet
    to find what I'm looking for.

    I'd love to hear if anyone has any suggestions or
    knows of a motherboard database.

    Thanks!!

    Jnet
    j-net, Sep 23, 2003

  2. j-net

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't know of a motherboard database, but there's some
    resources for pavilions, here:
    http://www.linktionary.com/pavilion/

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 06:44:40 GMT, in
    <>
    j-net scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003

  3. On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 06:44:40 GMT, j-net <>
    wrote:

    >I've got a Pavilion XT933 that I'm working on for
    >a friend that won't turn on.

    [SNIP]

    You would get a better response if you posted this in the
    comp.sys.hp.hardware newsgroup.
    Nunnayabidniz, Sep 23, 2003