    the cd to open so I can put the motherboard utility cd in or don't I have
    to do that since it is the same type & model?

    ---

    bhb, Sep 4, 2003

  2. bhb

    JabberSmith Guest

    "bhb" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I replaced the motherboard in my computer with the exact same kind that

    was
    > in there. When I plugged the computer in all the lights& fans came on

    along
    > with the cd burner & floppy drive but nothing else happens. How can I get
    > the cd to open so I can put the motherboard utility cd in or don't I have
    > to do that since it is the same type & model?
    >

    > ---

    Didja move the CPU too? It's sorta necessary you know.

    Why did you replace the MOBO? It broken? If yes, chances are your CPU got
    cooked too. You might need a new one of those too.

    Note the CD and floppy should not do much when you start. If the lights are
    on constantly you have the cables in wrong.

    JabberSmith, Sep 4, 2003

  3. bhb

    OLT Guest

    Reset the CMOS.

    OLT, Sep 4, 2003
  4. bhb

    Patrick Guest

    Reiterating point made by 'JabberSmith';
    If any of your drives have thiere lights on permanently, then your cable/s
    connector/s are the wrong way round (pin 40=pin1, pin1=pin40).

    Patrick, Sep 4, 2003
  5. bhb

    Professor Guest

    If there is nothing on the screen you might have a mistake in the case wires
    plugged wrong into the board. On most new boards everything else is
    automatically detected but check all of the jumpers an switches according to
    what the manual says.

    Professor, Sep 4, 2003