    battery on the motherboard? or is it totally dead?
    cheers ,
    gordon.

    GORDON EDWARDS, Mar 5, 2004

  2. > hi, when turning on a pc all i get is a screen with the manufacturers name
    > (hewlett packard). nothing else, it does not even give the opportunity to go
    > to the bios etc,just straight in to this screen.

    There might be an option in the BIOS to skip the POST screen. See your
    system manual for the correct key to press for BIOS access.

    Alexander Rogge, Mar 6, 2004

  3. GORDON EDWARDS

    Linda Guest

    I haven't got any tech advice or refs for you, just personal experience. I
    had a similar problem a while ago when I connected a second cd drive. It
    wouldn't boot past the manufacturers banner screen. The obvious solution was
    to take it out again.

    Linda, Mar 6, 2004