    The temperature of the CPU is about 50C

    Nothing strange about it, only the beep...

    CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

    Veldman, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Veldman

    °Mike° Guest

    Award Beep Codes
    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

    AMI Beep Codes
    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm

    AST Beep Codes
    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/astbeep.htm

    Compaq Beep Codes
    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/compaqbeep.htm

    Phoenix Beep Codes
    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/phoenixbeep.htm

    IBM Beep Codes
    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/ibmbeep.htm

    Quadtel Beep Codes
    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/quadtelbeep.htm

    Mylex Beep Codes
    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/mylexbeep.htm

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:40:26 +0100, in
    <3fe3542d$0$150$>
    Veldman scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Veldman

    Ghostrider Guest

    Veldman wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an MSI motherboard, with a Intel Celeron 2,4 Ghz
    >
    > After 5 minutes in Windows XP, de computer starts to beep. The beep repeats
    > it's selve in about 5 minutes.
    >
    > The temperature of the CPU is about 50C
    >
    > Nothing strange about it, only the beep...
    >
    > CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

    The beeping may be caused by the thermal alarm going off. While
    50 deg C. is an OK, but slightly high, operating temperature for
    the CPU, it is below the threshold for setting the thermal alarm,
    which might be around 70 deg C. Go into bios setup and change the
    thermal alarm threshold setting to perhaps 65 deg C.

    Ghostrider, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Veldman

    M Mullen Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:40:26 +0100, "Veldman" <> wrote:

    |> Hi,
    |>
    |> I have an MSI motherboard, with a Intel Celeron 2,4 Ghz
    |>
    |> After 5 minutes in Windows XP, de computer starts to beep. The beep repeats
    |> it's selve in about 5 minutes.
    |>
    |> The temperature of the CPU is about 50C
    |>
    |> Nothing strange about it, only the beep...
    |>
    |> CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

    CPU coolers have different ways to tell you it's not working anymore. Might
    check you CPU fan.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w