    but I cannot find anywhere, what size processor
    it will allow. Can anyone here help me out?

    TIA.
    83LowRider, Dec 19, 2003

  2. 83LowRider

    Brian H¹© Guest

    83LowRider said:

    > i was given a motherboard, case, and processor.
    > I had enough spare parts to make it work again
    > and was considering upgrading the processor.
    >
    > It is a Gateway e-4200, with a PII 350Mhz.
    >
    > The motherboard info I came up with
    > (Jabil Pentium II 8x -- pt #4000407)
    > says I can bump up to 384MB RAM (pc100)
    >
    > but I cannot find anywhere, what size processor
    > it will allow. Can anyone here help me out?
    >
    > TIA.

    Have you tried google?
    Brian H¹©, Dec 19, 2003

  3. 83LowRider

    Shel-hed Guest

    Try searching here-
    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
    Have the bios string handy. You get it on the screen during boot. Pressing pause may
    help you catch it if it goes by too quick.
    If it were my board, I would stick in any processor that ran on the same voltage as
    the PII... 2 volts.

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:03:07 GMT, "83LowRider" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Shel-hed, Dec 19, 2003
  4. 83LowRider

    Mad Ad Guest

    probably just to a 450, the highest p2

    Mad Ad, Dec 20, 2003
  5. 83LowRider

    83LowRider Guest

    "Brian H¹©" wrote in message >
    > Have you tried google?

    Yes..
    Google is mans' best friend :)

    Shel-hed got me to a Gateway group,
    where (as Mad Ad theorized) the consensus
    seems to be a 450. Another poster had noted
    that he was using a P700 with no problems. I
    still didn't find a concrete answer, but am now
    a 'bit' wiser... thanks to all.
    83LowRider, Dec 20, 2003