    I haev a VIA VT82C686A motherboard running a 900mhz CPU. I need to know if I
    can run an AMD Duron 1.6Ghz on this board. Thanks.
    Alan.
    Alan, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Alan

    ICee Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > Hi
    > I haev a VIA VT82C686A motherboard running a 900mhz CPU. I need to
    > know if I can run an AMD Duron 1.6Ghz on this board. Thanks.
    > Alan.

    That number is not the motherboard, but the chipset (south bridge to be
    exact) that is used on the MB. A 1600MHz Duron will probably work, but
    the motherboard model number would be helpful to know for sure.
    ICee, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Alan

    D Guest

    I had an old sys with 900Duron the max on this board was 1400mhz, and
    actually it would'nt run correctly with that.

    D, Jun 28, 2004
  4. Alan

    Brian Guest

    "Alan" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi
    > I haev a VIA VT82C686A motherboard running a 900mhz CPU. I need to know if

    > can run an AMD Duron 1.6Ghz on this board. Thanks.
    > Alan.

    ever used google? search for your board and its properties
    Brian, Jun 28, 2004