    worse.

    Can anyone provide any help?

    Thanks
    Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller, Jul 26, 2007

  2. "Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all my motherboard is a K9N Neo (MS-7260).
    >
    > Just lately the onboard ethernet port has decided to stop working so that
    > I now use a normal PCI ethernet card instead.
    >
    > This is strange because both connections reads as "Connected" and yet the
    > MotherBoard one yet never sends or receives anything.
    >
    > I checked the BIOS and onboard LAN was set to auto and LAN ROM was set to
    > disabled. I have never touched the BIOS and so assume that they always
    > were set that way and I don't want to mess around in case I made things
    > even worse.

    Additional info: I have just noticed that in my Device Manager, under Other
    Devices, Other PCI Bridge Device and SM Bus Controller both have a yellow
    "!" by them. I tried to install them but it said it could find drivers
    (despite the fact that the motherboard drivers have been installed).

    Hope this helps solve the problem?
    Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller, Jul 26, 2007

  3. Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller

    Kenny Guest

    PCI Bridge and SM Bus certainly point towards chipset drivers, look for
    updated ones and re-install them.
    Do you by any chance have an nVidia chipset & nVidia graphics card?
    There was a problem a while back with certain combinations of driver
    versions of these and SM Bus fault was one of the symptoms.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jul 26, 2007
  4. Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller

    Another Guest

    Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller wrote:
    > "Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller" <> wrote in message
    >> Hey all my motherboard is a K9N Neo (MS-7260).
    >>
    >> Just lately the onboard ethernet port has decided to stop working so that
    >> I now use a normal PCI ethernet card instead.

    I have had several onboard ethernet ports taken out by electrical
    surges. The rest of the motherboard continued to work fine. A PCI
    ethernet card is much cheaper and easier to install than a new motherboard.
    Another, Jul 26, 2007
  5. Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller

    Ben Myers Guest

    "Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller" <> wrote in message news:QXYpi.1670$...

    > "Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller" <> wrote in message
    > > Hey all my motherboard is a K9N Neo (MS-7260).
    > >
    > > Just lately the onboard ethernet port has decided to stop working so that
    > > I now use a normal PCI ethernet card instead.
    > >
    > > This is strange because both connections reads as "Connected" and yet the
    > > MotherBoard one yet never sends or receives anything.
    > >
    > > I checked the BIOS and onboard LAN was set to auto and LAN ROM was set to
    > > disabled. I have never touched the BIOS and so assume that they always
    > > were set that way and I don't want to mess around in case I made things
    > > even worse.

    > Additional info: I have just noticed that in my Device Manager, under Other
    > Devices, Other PCI Bridge Device and SM Bus Controller both have a yellow
    > "!" by them. I tried to install them but it said it could find drivers
    > (despite the fact that the motherboard drivers have been installed).
    >
    > Hope this helps solve the problem?

    Try updating the drivers.

    http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=255

    Ben