    Memory?
    And which is the best way to go. Photoshop will be the biggest power
    hog, and I have some large files to deal with (90-600 Meg TIFF files).

    cblocke3, Dec 28, 2003

  2. cblocke3

    ICee Guest

    cblocke3 wrote:
    > Some new motherboards can handle DDR333 or DDR400 memory.
    > Which is better, 3 gig of DDR333 or 1 gig of DDR400?
    > An is there any real significant difference between PC2700 and PC3200
    > Memory?
    > And which is the best way to go. Photoshop will be the biggest power
    > hog, and I have some large files to deal with (90-600 Meg TIFF files).

    DDR (Double Data Rate) memory is rated for whatever speed the FSB of the
    motherboard is running. DDR333 is PC2700, which is 166 MHz FSB speed.
    DDR400 is PC3200, which is 200 MHz FSB.
    Using PC3200 memory on a PC2700 bus will not have any effect at all.
    If you're using Photoshop, you should get as much memory as possible, as
    it uses loads, as I'm sure you know.

    ICee, Dec 28, 2003

  3. cblocke3

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:00:16 -0800, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

    > Some new motherboards can handle DDR333 or DDR400 memory.
    > Which is better, 3 gig of DDR333 or 1 gig of DDR400?
    > An is there any real significant difference between PC2700 and PC3200
    > Memory?
    > And which is the best way to go. Photoshop will be the biggest power
    > hog, and I have some large files to deal with (90-600 Meg TIFF files).

    I have 1024mb of dual channel PC400 DDR SDRAM, and that seems to be <ahem>
    adequate when editing digital images. Just make sure your components are
    compatible.

    --
    B.Al.Zeebub
    Registered Linux User #339345

    B.Al.Zeebub, Dec 28, 2003
  4. cblocke3

    Jerry McEwen Guest

    On 27 Dec 2003 19:00:16 -0800, (cblocke3) wrote:

    >Some new motherboards can handle DDR333 or DDR400 memory.
    >Which is better, 3 gig of DDR333 or 1 gig of DDR400?
    >An is there any real significant difference between PC2700 and PC3200
    >Memory?
    >And which is the best way to go. Photoshop will be the biggest power
    >hog, and I have some large files to deal with (90-600 Meg TIFF files).

    Hi, I do a bit of Photoshop too and probably my largest file was 3-400
    MB. When I built my machine, I decided to go with Mushkin RAM and they
    told me that, with my mobo choice, I should only go to 2100 even
    though 2700 was available. I would ask the mobo mfgr.

    Jerry McEwen, Dec 28, 2003