motherboard cpu settings help!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Martin Kelly spewed forth:
    > I have a epox 8NPAJ motherboard and a AMD Sempron 64 3400+ processor
    > with 512 mb of corsair valueselect memory, in the bios if I set the
    > processor speed any faster than 2200 mhz the system wont post. can
    > anyone help me? youi can email me at
    >
    > Thanks
    > Marty

    STOP IT! That CPU is only supposed to run at 2 GHz (2000 MHz). You want to
    burn it up or something?

    --
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim

    Martin Kelly Guest

    ok so when i run benchmarks on it it says it is only running at 2200 mhz,
    and in the bios it has a cpu frequency setting from 200 to 400 and a clock
    modifyer of 10x so is a nut shell 220 freq and a clock modifyer of 10 = 2200
    mhz not core frequency.

    Martin Kelly, Nov 26, 2005

  3. Martin Kelly wrote:

    > I have a epox 8NPAJ motherboard and a AMD Sempron 64 3400+
    > processor with 512 mb of corsair valueselect memory, in the bios
    > if I set the processor speed any faster than 2200 mhz the system
    > wont post. can anyone help me? youi can email me at

    Do some reaearch on that CPU and see what speed it's rated. Hint:
    the answer is not 3400MHz.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 26, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    It's an AMD, not an Intel processor. AMD processors do *NOT* run at the
    processor speed.
    AMD has decided that their processor numbers (3400+) are the "equivalent" of
    an Intel processor running at that speed (3400), but they run at much lower
    frequencies. Your clock is supposed to be 2000. Running at 2200 is going to
    make it run hot, and not really provide any significant increase in
    processor power. In fact, if it gets hot, I believe it throttles back
    automatically, slowing it down. Unless of course you've provided extra
    cooling to the system to keep the CPU temp down.

    In news:,
    Martin Kelly spewed forth:

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  5. Toolman Tim

    Pat Guest

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:57:28 -0700, "Martin Kelly"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a epox 8NPAJ motherboard and a AMD Sempron 64 3400+ processor with
    >512 mb of corsair valueselect memory, in the bios if I set the processor
    >speed any faster than 2200 mhz the system wont post. can anyone help me?
    >youi can email me at
    >
    >Thanks
    > Marty

    Try Googling "overclocking". You'll get a lot of hits. You probably need
    to raise the voltage for both the memory and the processor.

    --
    Pat
    Pat, Nov 26, 2005
  6. Toolman Tim

    old jon Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:57:28 -0700, "Martin Kelly"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a epox 8NPAJ motherboard and a AMD Sempron 64 3400+ processor with
    >>512 mb of corsair valueselect memory, in the bios if I set the processor
    >>speed any faster than 2200 mhz the system wont post. can anyone help me?
    >>youi can email me at
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >> Marty
    >>

    > Try Googling "overclocking". You'll get a lot of hits. You probably need
    > to raise the voltage for both the memory and the processor.
    >
    > --
    > Pat

    Yea, he didn`t say what color red he wanted it glow, before it went POUFF.
    old jon, Nov 26, 2005
  7. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:JJ2if.7183$,
    old jon spewed forth:
    > "Pat" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:57:28 -0700, "Martin Kelly"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a epox 8NPAJ motherboard and a AMD Sempron 64 3400+
    >>> processor with 512 mb of corsair valueselect memory, in the bios if
    >>> I set the processor speed any faster than 2200 mhz the system wont
    >>> post. can anyone help me? youi can email me at
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Marty
    >>>

    >> Try Googling "overclocking". You'll get a lot of hits. You probably
    >> need to raise the voltage for both the memory and the processor.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Pat
    >>

    > Yea, he didn`t say what color red he wanted it glow, before it went
    > POUFF.

    <VBG>

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  8. Toolman Tim

    dadiOH Guest

    old jon wrote:
    > "Pat" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:57:28 -0700, "Martin Kelly"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a epox 8NPAJ motherboard and a AMD Sempron 64 3400+
    >>> processor with 512 mb of corsair valueselect memory, in the bios if
    >>> I set the processor speed any faster than 2200 mhz the system wont
    >>> post. can anyone help me? youi can email me at
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>> Marty
    >>>

    >> Try Googling "overclocking". You'll get a lot of hits. You probably
    >> need to raise the voltage for both the memory and the processor.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Pat
    >>

    > Yea, he didn`t say what color red he wanted it glow, before it went
    > POUFF.

    3200 Kelvin? :)

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Nov 26, 2005
  9. Toolman Tim

    old jon Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > old jon wrote:
    >> "Pat" <> wrote in message

    >>> Try Googling "overclocking". You'll get a lot of hits. You probably
    >>> need to raise the voltage for both the memory and the processor.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Pat
    >>>

    >> Yea, he didn`t say what color red he wanted it glow, before it went
    >> POUFF.

    > 3200 Kelvin? :)
    >
    > --
    > dadiOH

    snipped a bit.
    Who`s Kelvin ?. Does he overclock a lot ?. <g>.
    old jon, Nov 26, 2005
  10. Toolman Tim

    Pat Guest

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:30:49 GMT, "old jon"
    <> wrote:

    >"Pat" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:57:28 -0700, "Martin Kelly"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have a epox 8NPAJ motherboard and a AMD Sempron 64 3400+ processor with
    >>>512 mb of corsair valueselect memory, in the bios if I set the processor
    >>>speed any faster than 2200 mhz the system wont post. can anyone help me?
    >>>youi can email me at
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>> Marty
    >>>

    >> Try Googling "overclocking". You'll get a lot of hits. You probably need
    >> to raise the voltage for both the memory and the processor.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Pat
    >>

    >Yea, he didn`t say what color red he wanted it glow, before it went POUFF.

    LOL, mine has a nice crimson color.

    --
    Pat
    Pat, Nov 26, 2005
  11. old jon wrote:

    > "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    >> old jon wrote:
    >>> "Pat" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yea, he didn`t say what color red he wanted it glow, before it
    >>> went POUFF.

    >> 3200 Kelvin? :)
    >>
    >> --
    >> dadiOH

    > snipped a bit.
    > Who`s Kelvin ?. Does he overclock a lot ?. <g>.

    Kelvin was a scientist; there's a temperature scale named after
    him.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 26, 2005
  12. Toolman Tim

    old jon Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > old jon wrote:
    >

    >> "dadiOH" <> wrote in message

    >>> 3200 Kelvin? :)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> dadiOH

    >> snipped a bit.
    >> Who`s Kelvin ?. Does he overclock a lot ?. <g>.

    > Kelvin was a scientist; there's a temperature scale named after
    > him.

    You`re a serious shark tonight Blinky <G>.
    old jon, Nov 26, 2005
  13. Toolman Tim

    Joey Guest

    Martin Kelly wrote:
    > I have a epox 8NPAJ motherboard and a AMD Sempron 64 3400+ processor with
    > 512 mb of corsair valueselect memory, in the bios if I set the processor
    > speed any faster than 2200 mhz the system wont post. can anyone help me?
    > youi can email me at
    >
    > Thanks
    > Marty

    Don't overclock it that much. If you want a faster computer than buy one.
    Joey, Nov 26, 2005
  14. Toolman Tim

    Joey Guest

    Martin Kelly wrote:
    > I have a epox 8NPAJ motherboard and a AMD Sempron 64 3400+ processor with
    > 512 mb of corsair valueselect memory, in the bios if I set the processor
    > speed any faster than 2200 mhz the system wont post. can anyone help me?
    > youi can email me at
    >
    > Thanks
    > Marty

    I wouldn't overclock that much. Try searching on google 'overclocking'
    and you will get tips.
    Joey, Nov 26, 2005
  15. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:0P4if.13035$,
    Joey spewed forth:
    > Martin Kelly wrote:
    >> I have a epox 8NPAJ motherboard and a AMD Sempron 64 3400+ processor
    >> with 512 mb of corsair valueselect memory, in the bios if I set the
    >> processor speed any faster than 2200 mhz the system wont post. can
    >> anyone help me? youi can email me at
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Marty
    >>

    > I wouldn't overclock that much. Try searching on google 'overclocking'
    > and you will get tips.

    He doesn't understand the 3400+ should be running at 2000. He's thinking
    that like an Intel CPU, a 3400 should be running at 3400.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  16. Toolman Tim

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    <<snipped>>

    > He doesn't understand the 3400+ should be running at 2000. He's thinking
    > that like an Intel CPU, a 3400 should be running at 3400.

    Maybe a little bit more than rumor, but Intel might be
    doing the same thing as AMD in hyping its CPU speeds in
    the future.
    Mistoffolees, Nov 26, 2005
  17. Toolman Tim

    Trax Guest

    Mistoffolees <> wrote:

    |>Toolman Tim wrote:
    |>
    |><<snipped>>
    |>

    |>> He doesn't understand the 3400+ should be running at 2000. He's thinking
    |>> that like an Intel CPU, a 3400 should be running at 3400.
    |>>

    |>Maybe a little bit more than rumor, but Intel might be
    |>doing the same thing as AMD in hyping its CPU speeds in
    |>the future.

    Anything is possible, CPU speeds have hit a wall
    http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20051121/index.html

    --
    Service call? Talk to a human...
    http://paulenglish.com/ivr/

    Martin Kelly, Nov 26, 2005
  19. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Trax spewed forth:
    > Mistoffolees <> wrote:
    >

    >>> Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>>
    >>> <<snipped>>

    >>> Maybe a little bit more than rumor, but Intel might be
    >>> doing the same thing as AMD in hyping its CPU speeds in
    >>> the future.

    > Anything is possible, CPU speeds have hit a wall
    > http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20051121/index.html

    Quite interesting article - thanks!

    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2005
  20. old jon wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> old jon wrote:
    >>

    >>> "dadiOH" <> wrote in message

    >>> snipped a bit.
    >>> Who`s Kelvin ?. Does he overclock a lot ?. <g>.

    >> Kelvin was a scientist; there's a temperature scale named after
    >> him.
    >>

    > You`re a serious shark tonight Blinky <G>.

    Well, I didn't know fershure if you were totally joking. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 27, 2005