    Professional x64 by doing a repair installation?

    Thanks for your help.

    formerprof
    formerprof, Jun 8, 2005

  2. formerprof <> wrote:
    > I am converting my machine from an ASUS A8V-Deluxe to A8N-SLI. All
    > CPU, memory and all disk drives remain the same but a new video card
    > has to be installed of course. Can I escape a full clean
    > reinstallation of XP Professional x64 by doing a repair installation?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >

    > formerprof

    Probably yes, what you will not escape is the re-activation ;)
    But I did the very same here, from an intel Mobo to the A8V. Repair was
    enough.
    Good luck anyway

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 8, 2005

  3. formerprof

    warpsix Guest

    besides the sli, is there a reason you are replacing the a8v deluxe
    I have the a8v deluxe and have been very satisfied with its performance
    just wondering .

    warpsix, Jun 8, 2005
  4. formerprof

    formerprof Guest

    The A8V Deluxe has been excellent. It's a fine board. I've been given a vy
    elaborate PCI-e display adapter which I want to try. The A8V Deluxe will be
    going into a slightly less elaborate machine which I am building for my
    grandson.

    formerprof

    formerprof, Jun 9, 2005
  5. When you jump from a standard to an SLI configuration, it is highly
    recommended that you start with a clean install. I read it in quite a few
    SLI reviews before building my system, and ignored it. After 3 hours of
    problems and quirks, I did a clean install. Worked much better.

    --
    AMD FX-55
    2 GB Corsair Pro

    =?Utf-8?B?Q0pN?=, Jun 9, 2005