    --

    Remove SPAM to reply
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

    KerplunKuK, Dec 9, 2003

  2. KerplunKuK

    IC Guest

    KerplunKuK wrote:
    > My motherboard emits two beeps when powering up then shuts down. I
    > have checked beep codes and they say it is a ram parity error.
    > However my board does this with no ram and just the CPU. Would this
    > indicate that it is a motherboard error?
    >
    > Thanks

    Maybe the RAM is bad. Removing it will only give you a RAM error.

    IC, Dec 9, 2003

  3. KerplunKuK

    M Mullen Guest

    On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:44:00 -0000, "KerplunKuK"
    <> wrote:
    (e-mail sent if a reply)

    |> My motherboard emits two beeps when powering up then shuts down. I have
    |> checked beep codes and they say it is a ram parity error. However my board
    |> does this with no ram and just the CPU. Would this indicate that it is a
    |> motherboard error?

    There all different other than one beep for all go.
    google: bios beep codes
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    M Mullen, Dec 9, 2003
  4. KerplunKuK

    IC Guest

    IC wrote:
    > KerplunKuK wrote:
    >> My motherboard emits two beeps when powering up then shuts down. I
    >> have checked beep codes and they say it is a ram parity error.
    >> However my board does this with no ram and just the CPU. Would this
    >> indicate that it is a motherboard error?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Maybe the RAM is bad. Removing it will only give you a RAM error.

    Check here and let us know what the exact beep code is:

    http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html

    IC, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Howdy!

    "KerplunKuK" <> wrote in message
    > My motherboard emits two beeps when powering up then shuts down. I have
    > checked beep codes and they say it is a ram parity error. However my

    board
    > does this with no ram and just the CPU. Would this indicate that it is a
    > motherboard error?

    Err .. no RAM = parity error by DEFINITION.

    So, no, it doesn't.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Dec 10, 2003