    "I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in
    the right way, did not become still more complicated"
    Poul Anderson
    Richard Wrigley, Sep 4, 2007

  2. Richard Wrigley

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Richard Wrigley" <> wrote:

    >Greetings from Norfolk
    >
    >I have a PC built using a Micro-Star KTN420 Pro Motherboard. Whilst the
    >users guide gives some data, it does not say what maximum size of hard drive
    >it will support.
    >
    >Can anybody advise please as I am about to buy a new drive.

    Do you perhaps mean model K7N420? The MSI website has no information
    about a model KTN420.

    The IDE ports on the K7N420 support UDMA100 which means they are
    reasonably modern and would not have the 128 gb drive limit found on
    older motherboards.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."
    Ron Martell, Sep 4, 2007

  3. Richard Wrigley

    ded Guest

    "Richard Wrigley" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings from Norfolk
    >
    > I have a PC built using a Micro-Star KTN420 Pro Motherboard. Whilst the
    > users guide gives some data, it does not say what maximum size of hard
    > drive
    > it will support.
    >
    > Can anybody advise please as I am about to buy a new drive.
    >
    > --
    > Richard.
    >
    > "I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at
    > in
    > the right way, did not become still more complicated"
    > Poul Anderson

    There is no limit to maximum size with that MoBo, but how you format it
    determines what Windows can recognise and may limit what it can "see"
    to a max of 127gb regardless of actual capacity of hard drive.
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/winpreinst/ntfs-preinstall.mspx

    Is the new HD to be primary with a Windows installation, or is it to be an
    additional HD?
    ded, Sep 4, 2007