  1. Pundit

    Pundit Guest

    Any ideas ?

    Pundit, Feb 13, 2005

  2. Pundit

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Pundit" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    Any ideas ?

    Several. First idea is DON'T post in HTML. That'll make a few people pretty
    grumpy around here....(TINH)

    Second, laser printers are the best bet for good output, lowest cost. But
    that's B/W technology.

    Third, when it comes to color, resolution and features are usually more
    important than cost. But if cost is a primary factor, look for printers that
    have ink tanks instead of cartridges. The difference is this: a cartridge
    has the printhead embedded in it. When you replace the cartridge, you get a
    new printhead, but they're more expensive. An 'ink tank' type of refill is
    just that - the printer has a built-in print head, with tanks that are ink
    only, so they cost less. Epson and Canon come to mind first as the ink tank
    type, but not all models are like that. Canon, for instance, made some in
    the past with a removable cartridge WITH ink tanks. You run low on black,
    put in a new black tank. You run low on color, put in a new color tank. When
    the printhead becomes clogged, or wears out (they all do eventually) you can
    replace it. On Epsons, the printhead is built in and requires a repair
    facility to change that.

    At work, we use Epsons and HPs for the color printers, Lexmark and HPs for
    the lasers.

    Other than those tips, I'd be the last to suggest specific brands or models.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Pundit

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Pundit" <> wrote in message
    Any ideas ?

    Oh - one other thing...fix your clock - you're living in the past <g>

    Toolman Tim, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Howdy!

    "Pundit" <> wrote in message
    Any ideas ?

    Several. Don't post in HTML. What kind of printed output do you
    need?

    One of my customers is constantly checking - and currently, the
    total cost per page for a laser printer is the Oki 4350.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Feb 15, 2005