Most compatible Video codec to use (Camtasia Studio)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by *** HAWK, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I am using Camtasia Studio to produce some learning tutorials for a
    project - The files created are 'AVI' - however the default setting uses the
    optimised TSCC (TechSmith Capture Codec) - I am worried that this will not
    play on a wide range of other machines.

    While this does have the best quality / size ratio, can anybody suggest
    which codec is the most 'universal' from these below :
    Cinepak Codec by Radius
    Intel Indeo Video 4.5
    Intel IYUV codec
    Microsoft Video 1
    X-ViD MPEG-4 Codec
    Ligos Indeo XP Video 5.2
    Microsoft Windows Media Video 9
    Intel I.263 Video Driver 2.55.012
    Intel Indeo (R) Video R3.2
    TSCC

    Kind Thanks

    *** HAWK, Jan 18, 2004

  2. *** HAWK

    HamMan Guest

    "*** HAWK" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I am using Camtasia Studio to produce some learning tutorials for a
    > project - The files created are 'AVI' - however the default setting uses

    the
    > optimised TSCC (TechSmith Capture Codec) - I am worried that this will not
    > play on a wide range of other machines.
    >
    > While this does have the best quality / size ratio, can anybody suggest
    > which codec is the most 'universal' from these below :
    > Cinepak Codec by Radius
    > Intel Indeo Video 4.5
    > Intel IYUV codec
    > Microsoft Video 1
    > X-ViD MPEG-4 Codec
    > Ligos Indeo XP Video 5.2
    > Microsoft Windows Media Video 9
    > Intel I.263 Video Driver 2.55.012
    > Intel Indeo (R) Video R3.2
    > TSCC
    >
    > Kind Thanks

    i would go for windows media player 9, the compressions fairly good, and
    virtually everyone has at least media player 7.1

    hamman

    HamMan, Jan 18, 2004

  3. On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:32:38 -0000, "HamMan"
    <> wrote:

    >> Cinepak Codec by Radius
    >> Intel Indeo Video 4.5
    >> Intel IYUV codec
    >> Microsoft Video 1
    >> X-ViD MPEG-4 Codec
    >> Ligos Indeo XP Video 5.2
    >> Microsoft Windows Media Video 9
    >> Intel I.263 Video Driver 2.55.012
    >> Intel Indeo (R) Video R3.2
    >> TSCC
    >>
    >> Kind Thanks
    >>

    >i would go for windows media player 9, the compressions fairly good, and
    >virtually everyone has at least media player 7.1
    >

    >hamman

    Sometimes the MP9 will choke Media player if it's pre version 9. I
    would go with Intel Indeo 5.06. Good quality and compressablility.

    David A. Seiver, Jan 18, 2004