    The photos on the website don't do them justice but you can check the
    client list to see how some were used. Very impressive

    Pat

    patetc, Jul 21, 2007

  2. patetc

    Figgy Guest

    "patetc" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We stopped in a gallery last night and saw a collection of the most
    > beautiful photos I've ever seen. They range from postcard size to
    > 2+ft x 6+ feet. They were out of my price range of course but the
    > technology used was outstanding. They're called Ultra High Definition
    > Photography.
    >
    > To see for yourself what this man has done, go to
    > www.renaissancethegallery.com
    >
    > The photos on the website don't do them justice but you can check the
    > client list to see how some were used. Very impressive
    >
    > Pat

    wow

    Figgy, Jul 22, 2007

  3. patetc

    teflon Guest

    On 21/7/07 13:18, in article
    , "patetc"
    <> wrote:

    > We stopped in a gallery last night and saw a collection of the most
    > beautiful photos I've ever seen. They range from postcard size to
    > 2+ft x 6+ feet. They were out of my price range of course but the
    > technology used was outstanding. They're called Ultra High Definition
    > Photography.
    >
    > To see for yourself what this man has done, go to
    > www.renaissancethegallery.com
    >
    > The photos on the website don't do them justice but you can check the
    > client list to see how some were used. Very impressive
    >
    > Pat

    Nice pictures, though I think you've over-hyped them.

    You know the photographer? ;]

    teflon, Jul 22, 2007
  4. patetc

    Matt Ion Guest

    patetc wrote:
    > We stopped in a gallery last night and saw a collection of the most
    > beautiful photos I've ever seen. They range from postcard size to
    > 2+ft x 6+ feet. They were out of my price range of course but the
    > technology used was outstanding. They're called Ultra High Definition
    > Photography.
    >
    > To see for yourself what this man has done, go to www.renaissancethegallery.com
    >
    > The photos on the website don't do them justice but you can check the
    > client list to see how some were used. Very impressive

    Nice picture's. Yet another failure of our modern 'school 'system and
    the inability to properly use apo'strophe's.

    Matt Ion, Jul 22, 2007
  5. patetc

    Allen Guest

    Matt Ion wrote:
    > patetc wrote:
    >> We stopped in a gallery last night and saw a collection of the most
    >> beautiful photos I've ever seen. They range from postcard size to
    >> 2+ft x 6+ feet. They were out of my price range of course but the
    >> technology used was outstanding. They're called Ultra High Definition
    >> Photography.
    >>
    >> To see for yourself what this man has done, go to
    >> www.renaissancethegallery.com
    >>
    >> The photos on the website don't do them justice but you can check the
    >> client list to see how some were used. Very impressive

    > Nice picture's. Yet another failure of our modern 'school 'system and
    > the inability to properly use apo'strophe's.

    Please explain what you are talking about. The only misuse I've seen in
    this thread is yours, which I assume was intended as sarcasm. Perhaps
    there have been some responses that died at the hand of my killfile.
    Allen

    Allen, Jul 22, 2007
  6. patetc

    Matt Ion Guest

    Allen wrote:
    > Matt Ion wrote:
    >> patetc wrote:
    >>> We stopped in a gallery last night and saw a collection of the most
    >>> beautiful photos I've ever seen. They range from postcard size to
    >>> 2+ft x 6+ feet. They were out of my price range of course but the
    >>> technology used was outstanding. They're called Ultra High Definition
    >>> Photography.
    >>>
    >>> To see for yourself what this man has done, go to
    >>> www.renaissancethegallery.com
    >>>
    >>> The photos on the website don't do them justice but you can check the
    >>> client list to see how some were used. Very impressive

    >> Nice picture's. Yet another failure of our modern 'school 'system and
    >> the inability to properly use apo'strophe's.

    > Please explain what you are talking about. The only misuse I've seen in
    > this thread is yours, which I assume was intended as sarcasm. Perhaps
    > there have been some responses that died at the hand of my killfile.
    > Allen

    "Miscellaneous Gallery", main page: "#14 Blue Angel's July 2, 2004"
    The apostrophe misuse is rampant and grates on me like sand in the
    underwear.

    Also, "#17 NASCar Bristol Spring 2004" (the proper acronym is "NASCAR",
    the AR stands for "Auto Racing", it's not just "Car" stuck on the end of
    "National Associate of Stock" This person is trying to sell his
    professional photo service, but I'd be leery of hiring a "professional"
    that can't get my business name correct.

    Matt Ion, Jul 23, 2007
  7. patetc

    Allen Guest

    Matt Ion wrote:
    > Allen wrote:
    >> Matt Ion wrote:

    >>> Nice picture's. Yet another failure of our modern 'school 'system
    >>> and the inability to properly use apo'strophe's.

    >> Please explain what you are talking about. The only misuse I've seen
    >> in this thread is yours, which I assume was intended as sarcasm.
    >> Perhaps there have been some responses that died at the hand of my
    >> killfile.
    >> Allen

    > "Miscellaneous Gallery", main page: "#14 Blue Angel's July 2, 2004"
    > The apostrophe misuse is rampant and grates on me like sand in the
    > underwear.
    >
    > Also, "#17 NASCar Bristol Spring 2004" (the proper acronym is "NASCAR",
    > the AR stands for "Auto Racing", it's not just "Car" stuck on the end of
    > "National Associate of Stock" This person is trying to sell his
    > professional photo service, but I'd be leery of hiring a "professional"
    > that can't get my business name correct.

    Thanks. I was just looking at the posts themselves and didn't think
    about the link. I share your concerns about those who can't (or won't)
    learn the simplest rules about our language. I must add that some of the
    rules are ridiculous (for instance, splitting infinitives or ending
    sentences with prepositions) and I refuse to follow them if they confuse
    the meaning of the message.
    Allen

    Allen, Jul 23, 2007
  8. patetc

    C J Campbell Guest

    On 2007-07-21 05:18:06 -0700, patetc <> said:

    > We stopped in a gallery last night and saw a collection of the most
    > beautiful photos I've ever seen. They range from postcard size to
    > 2+ft x 6+ feet. They were out of my price range of course but the
    > technology used was outstanding. They're called Ultra High Definition
    > Photography.
    >
    > To see for yourself what this man has done, go to www.renaissancethegallery.com
    >
    > The photos on the website don't do them justice but you can check the
    > client list to see how some were used. Very impressive
    >
    > Pat

    His technique is not new, but he is a master at it. He is simply
    shooting multiple frames at different focal lengths and stitching them
    together to create a high resolution (probably 200Mb or more) photo.

    --
    Waddling Eagle
    World Famous Flight Instructor

    C J Campbell, Jul 23, 2007
  9. patetc

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Allen wrote:
    > Matt Ion wrote:
    >> Allen wrote:

    >>> Please explain what you are talking about. The only misuse I've seen
    >>> in this thread is yours, which I assume was intended as sarcasm.
    >>> Perhaps there have been some responses that died at the hand of my
    >>> killfile.
    >>> Allen

    >> "Miscellaneous Gallery", main page: "#14 Blue Angel's July 2, 2004"
    >> The apostrophe misuse is rampant and grates on me like sand in the
    >> underwear.
    >>
    >> Also, "#17 NASCar Bristol Spring 2004" (the proper acronym is
    >> "NASCAR", the AR stands for "Auto Racing", it's not just "Car" stuck
    >> on the end of "National Associate of Stock" This person is trying to
    >> sell his professional photo service, but I'd be leery of hiring a
    >> "professional" that can't get my business name correct.
    >>

    > Thanks. I was just looking at the posts themselves and didn't think
    > about the link. I share your concerns about those who can't (or won't)
    > learn the simplest rules about our language. I must add that some of the
    > rules are ridiculous (for instance, splitting infinitives or ending
    > sentences with prepositions) and I refuse to follow them if they confuse
    > the meaning of the message.
    > Allen

    I try to follow good grammar practices, but refuse to follow the current
    'rule' that states a final period is not to be put outside a quotation
    mark. I was taught, and firmly believe, that the ONLY thing that goes
    in a quotation mark is the material quoted, and violating that can
    drastically change the meaning of the quotation. Example:
    Did Patrick Henry say, "Give me liberty or give me death?"

    That is the 'proper' way to write the sentence, according to current
    grammar rules. Obviously, Patrick Henry would be upset by use of the
    question mark within the quotation. To me, the proper way to do this
    sentence would be:
    Did Patrick Henry say, "Give me liberty, or give me death!". This one
    drives me to distraction.

    Ron Hunter, Jul 24, 2007
  10. patetc

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Ron Hunter <> wrote:

    > Allen wrote:
    > > Matt Ion wrote:

    > >> "Miscellaneous Gallery", main page: "#14 Blue Angel's July 2, 2004"
    > >> The apostrophe misuse is rampant and grates on me like sand in the
    > >> underwear.
    > >>
    > >> Also, "#17 NASCar Bristol Spring 2004" (the proper acronym is
    > >> "NASCAR", the AR stands for "Auto Racing", it's not just "Car" stuck
    > >> on the end of "National Associate of Stock" This person is trying to
    > >> sell his professional photo service, but I'd be leery of hiring a
    > >> "professional" that can't get my business name correct.
    > >>

    > > Thanks. I was just looking at the posts themselves and didn't think
    > > about the link. I share your concerns about those who can't (or won't)
    > > learn the simplest rules about our language. I must add that some of the
    > > rules are ridiculous (for instance, splitting infinitives or ending
    > > sentences with prepositions) and I refuse to follow them if they confuse
    > > the meaning of the message.
    > > Allen

    > I try to follow good grammar practices, but refuse to follow the current
    > 'rule' that states a final period is not to be put outside a quotation
    > mark. I was taught, and firmly believe, that the ONLY thing that goes
    > in a quotation mark is the material quoted, and violating that can
    > drastically change the meaning of the quotation. Example:
    > Did Patrick Henry say, "Give me liberty or give me death?"
    >
    > That is the 'proper' way to write the sentence, according to current
    > grammar rules. Obviously, Patrick Henry would be upset by use of the
    > question mark within the quotation. To me, the proper way to do this
    > sentence would be:
    > Did Patrick Henry say, "Give me liberty, or give me death!". This one
    > drives me to distraction.

    Punctuation is very important - take a look at the following:

    Dear John:
    I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind,
    thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and
    inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no
    feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you
    let me be yours?
    Gloria

    Stewy, Jul 24, 2007
  11. patetc

    Allen Guest

    Stewy wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Ron Hunter <> wrote:
    >
    >> Allen wrote:

    >>> Thanks. I was just looking at the posts themselves and didn't think
    >>> about the link. I share your concerns about those who can't (or won't)
    >>> learn the simplest rules about our language. I must add that some of the
    >>> rules are ridiculous (for instance, splitting infinitives or ending
    >>> sentences with prepositions) and I refuse to follow them if they confuse
    >>> the meaning of the message.
    >>> Allen

    >> I try to follow good grammar practices, but refuse to follow the current
    >> 'rule' that states a final period is not to be put outside a quotation
    >> mark. I was taught, and firmly believe, that the ONLY thing that goes
    >> in a quotation mark is the material quoted, and violating that can
    >> drastically change the meaning of the quotation. Example:
    >> Did Patrick Henry say, "Give me liberty or give me death?"
    >>
    >> That is the 'proper' way to write the sentence, according to current
    >> grammar rules. Obviously, Patrick Henry would be upset by use of the
    >> question mark within the quotation. To me, the proper way to do this
    >> sentence would be:
    >> Did Patrick Henry say, "Give me liberty, or give me death!". This one
    >> drives me to distraction.

    > Punctuation is very important - take a look at the following:
    >
    > Dear John:
    > I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind,
    > thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and
    > inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no
    > feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you
    > let me be yours?
    > Gloria
    >

    > Dear John:
    > I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind,
    > thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and
    > inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no
    > feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you
    > let me be?
    > Yours,
    > Gloria

    All this is covered beautifully and hilariously in the book "Eats,
    shoots and leaves" with a gun-toting panda walking away on the dust jacket.
    Allen

    Allen, Jul 24, 2007