    my mouse it is halting. Sometimes pressing escape helps but not much.

    Any input will be appreciated.

    Bob AZ
    Bob AZ, Aug 1, 2011

  2. Bob  AZ

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Bob
    Mom.exe is an ATI file I believe.Try reinstalling your ati graphics drivers.

    "Bob AZ" wrote in message

    All

    Using XP 64 bit. 8 GB memory. Primary use is for photo editing.

    When I boot I get a MOM.exe - Application Error. Application has
    generated an exception that could not be handled.

    There is a option to terminate the application or click cancel to
    debug the application. But no registered debugger was specified.

    I checked microsoft.com for any help and there was a suggestion to
    reload the monitor driver. I did this to no avail. And also when I use

    Kue2, Aug 1, 2011

  3. Bob  AZ

    Carlos Guest

    Bob,
    Here's the information and workaround solution:
    http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_4.html
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 2, 2011
  4. Bob  AZ

    Carlos Guest

    Bob,
    Workaround and fix:

    Carlos, Aug 2, 2011
  5. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    On Aug 1, 12:16 pm, "Kue2" <> wrote:
    > Hi Bob
    > Mom.exe is an ATI file I believe.Try reinstalling your ati graphics drivers.
    >
    > "Bob AZ"  wrote in message

    Kue

    Last night I tried again reloading the graphics driver and to no
    avail. In fact each of the three drivers I tried would not load all
    the way before "erroring out".

    I have and tried the driver that came with the Video card. ASUS
    EAH4350. Updated drivers are available on the ASUS site and I tried
    them also.

    I am planning on reloading the OS. Not keen about this but now the
    mouse is halting most of the time. The halting is worse when I bring
    Photoshop Elements 7.0.

    Thanks for the input.
    Bob AZ
    Bob AZ, Aug 2, 2011
  6. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    On Aug 1, 12:16 pm, "Kue2" <> wrote:
    > Hi Bob
    > Mom.exe is an ATI file I believe.Try reinstalling your ati graphics drivers.
    >
    > "Bob AZ"  wrote in message

    > All
    >
    > Using XP 64 bit. 8 GB memory. Primary use is for photo editing.
    >
    > When I boot I get a MOM.exe - Application Error. Application has
    > generated an exception that could not be handled.
    >
    > There is a option to terminate the application or click cancel to
    > debug the application. But no registered debugger was specified.
    >
    > I checked microsoft.com for any help and there was a suggestion to
    > reload the monitor driver. I did this to no avail. And also when I use
    > my mouse it is halting. Sometimes pressing escape helps but not much.
    >
    > Any input will be appreciated.
    >
    > Bob  AZ

    Kue2

    I tried to reload the ATI graphics driver but my computer would not
    take it. It kept going back to the reloading sequence and finally gave
    up and all I could do was TURN OFF THE computer AND TRY AGAIN. I also
    downloaded the drivers from ASUS and each one was rejected because tey
    are not compatable with the computer. The ASUS drivers were listed as
    XP 64 bit. The ASUS Video Card continues to work well. But the mouse
    is still halting.

    The only thing I see to do is wipe the drive and reload. Fortunately
    all my picture files are on D: drive so all will not be lost if I do
    have to reload the OS.

    Microsoft does not like doing anything to the registry as most of the
    Google search results encourage.

    So I am lost for now. Hpefully someody has a solution.

    Bob AZ
    Bob AZ, Aug 6, 2011
  7. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    On Aug 5, 6:06 pm, Bob AZ <> wrote:
    > On Aug 1, 12:16 pm, "Kue2" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Bob
    > > Mom.exe is an ATI file I believe.Try reinstalling your ati graphics drivers.

    > > "Bob AZ"  wrote in message

    > > All

    > > Using XP 64 bit. 8 GB memory. Primary use is for photo editing.

    > > When I boot I get a MOM.exe - Application Error. Application has
    > > generated an exception that could not be handled.

    > > There is a option to terminate the application or click cancel to
    > > debug the application. But no registered debugger was specified.

    > > I checked microsoft.com for any help and there was a suggestion to
    > > reload the monitor driver. I did this to no avail. And also when I use
    > > my mouse it is halting. Sometimes pressing escape helps but not much.

    > > Any input will be appreciated.

    > > Bob  AZ

    > Kue2
    >
    > I tried to reload the ATI graphics driver but my computer would not
    > take it. It kept going back to the reloading sequence and finally gave
    > up and all I could do was TURN OFF THE  computer AND TRY AGAIN. I also
    > downloaded the drivers from ASUS and each one was rejected because tey
    > are not compatable with the computer. The ASUS drivers were listed as
    > XP 64 bit. The ASUS Video Card continues to work well. But the mouse
    > is still halting.
    >
    > The only thing I see to do is wipe the drive and reload. Fortunately
    > all my picture files are on D: drive so all will not be lost if I do
    > have to reload the OS.
    >
    > Microsoft does not like doing anything to the registry as most of the
    > Google search results encourage.
    >
    > So I am lost for now. Hpefully someody has a solution.
    >
    > Bob  AZ- Hide quoted text -

    ALL

    Found the problem last evening. I did not have an extra USB mouse so
    used one of the adapters for a PC2 keyboard/mouse to try another "good
    mouse". Problem continued. I reloaded XP 64 all the way and it still
    did the bad mouse thing with the original mouse. Back to the "good
    mouse" and all was cleared up. Root of the problem is/was probably a
    power hit. We have these here and despite any protection the hits get
    through. Everybody lives with it.

    Went out to a computer shop that I frequent, bought another USB mouse
    and am back in business. Now things are even better since I was able
    to update several software items that had been slowing things down.
    Now I have to get back to the errant PC and get all my photo editing
    things setup again.

    The regular auction is next week and at least two USB mice are on my
    list.

    Thanks for everyones assistance. It is appreciated.

    Bob AZ
    Bob AZ, Aug 11, 2011
  8. Bob  AZ

    Rob Guest

    On 11/08/2011 03:20, Bob AZ wrote:
    > On Aug 5, 6:06 pm, Bob AZ<> wrote:
    >> On Aug 1, 12:16 pm, "Kue2"<> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hi Bob
    >>> Mom.exe is an ATI file I believe.Try reinstalling your ati graphics drivers.

    >>> "Bob AZ" wrote in message

    >>> All

    >>> Using XP 64 bit. 8 GB memory. Primary use is for photo editing.

    >>> When I boot I get a MOM.exe - Application Error. Application has
    >>> generated an exception that could not be handled.

    >>> There is a option to terminate the application or click cancel to
    >>> debug the application. But no registered debugger was specified.

    >>> I checked microsoft.com for any help and there was a suggestion to
    >>> reload the monitor driver. I did this to no avail. And also when I use
    >>> my mouse it is halting. Sometimes pressing escape helps but not much.

    >>> Any input will be appreciated.

    >>> Bob AZ

    >> Kue2
    >>
    >> I tried to reload the ATI graphics driver but my computer would not
    >> take it. It kept going back to the reloading sequence and finally gave
    >> up and all I could do was TURN OFF THE computer AND TRY AGAIN. I also
    >> downloaded the drivers from ASUS and each one was rejected because tey
    >> are not compatable with the computer. The ASUS drivers were listed as
    >> XP 64 bit. The ASUS Video Card continues to work well. But the mouse
    >> is still halting.
    >>
    >> The only thing I see to do is wipe the drive and reload. Fortunately
    >> all my picture files are on D: drive so all will not be lost if I do
    >> have to reload the OS.
    >>
    >> Microsoft does not like doing anything to the registry as most of the
    >> Google search results encourage.
    >>
    >> So I am lost for now. Hpefully someody has a solution.
    >>
    >> Bob AZ- Hide quoted text -

    > ALL
    >
    > Found the problem last evening. I did not have an extra USB mouse so
    > used one of the adapters for a PC2 keyboard/mouse to try another "good
    > mouse". Problem continued. I reloaded XP 64 all the way and it still
    > did the bad mouse thing with the original mouse. Back to the "good
    > mouse" and all was cleared up. Root of the problem is/was probably a
    > power hit. We have these here and despite any protection the hits get
    > through. Everybody lives with it.
    >
    > Went out to a computer shop that I frequent, bought another USB mouse
    > and am back in business. Now things are even better since I was able
    > to update several software items that had been slowing things down.
    > Now I have to get back to the errant PC and get all my photo editing
    > things setup again.
    >
    > The regular auction is next week and at least two USB mice are on my
    > list.
    >
    > Thanks for everyones assistance. It is appreciated.

    If you see and can afford an uninterruptable power supply (UPS)
    at the auction, well worth getting one. They will give you
    several minutes to finish your work before shutting down, should
    the power go completely, and will prevent spikes and 'brown-outs'
    from killing your PC. Even new 500W ones can be got for around
    $100 (500VA would likely give you 20 mins on battery). APC are an
    excellent make to look for.
    HTH
    --
    Rob