    steep learning curve to get used to a different OS, but at least Linux
    respects what the user wants to do.

    Peter
    Peter, Sep 17, 2007

  2. Peter

    impossible Guest

    Re: more Linux proselytising

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    news:1190055679.916124@ftpsrv1...

    > I was talking with a friend about his new computer running Vista home. He
    > says he is having real struggles with it....

    <SNIP evil fruits of Devil$oft worhip >

    > Anyway, he went away with a Linux CD to try out. It might be a bit of a
    > steep learning curve to get used to a different OS, but at least Linux
    > respects what the user wants to do.

    Methodist, Baptist, or Episcopalian Linux? Or are you just so filled with
    the spirit of the kernel that..... well, hallelujah, brother, hallelujah.
    impossible, Sep 17, 2007

  3. In message <1190055679.916124@ftpsrv1>, Peter wrote:

    > I was talking with a friend about his new computer running Vista home. He
    > says he is having real struggles with it - he turns off the auto update,
    > but after the next reboot, it is switched back to automatic again. This
    > happens every time and he is getting really pissed off with Vista because
    > it won't keep the settings he wants it to use.

    No way! And we have had a reputable Microsoft representative categorically
    insist, in this noisegroup within just the last few days, that if you turn
    off the updates, then they are off, and that's that. He wouldn't be trying
    to tell us porkies, would he?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 18, 2007
  4. On Sep 18, 7:07 am, Peter <> wrote:
    > I was talking with a friend about his new computer running Vista home. He
    > says he is having real struggles with it - he turns off the auto update,
    > but after the next reboot, it is switched back to automatic again. This
    > happens every time and he is getting really pissed off with Vista because
    > it won't keep the settings he wants it to use.
    >
    > Anyway, he went away with a Linux CD to try out. It might be a bit of a
    > steep learning curve to get used to a different OS, but at least Linux
    > respects what the user wants to do.

    I would suggest ringing Microsoft Support on 0800 800 004

    This is not the normal behaviour, I have just built myself a fresh
    Vista Home Basic machine to test, when I turn off Automatic Updates
    that stay off, no matter how many times I have tried rebooting this
    morning

    Regards
    Nathan
    Nathan Mercer, Sep 18, 2007
  5. Peter

    Brian Adams Guest

    On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:07:14 +1200, Peter <> wrote:

    >I was talking with a friend about his new computer running Vista home. He
    >says he is having real struggles with it - he turns off the auto update,
    >but after the next reboot, it is switched back to automatic again. This
    >happens every time and he is getting really pissed off with Vista because
    >it won't keep the settings he wants it to use.
    >
    >Anyway, he went away with a Linux CD to try out. It might be a bit of a
    >steep learning curve to get used to a different OS, but at least Linux
    >respects what the user wants to do.
    >

    >Peter

    Use XP AntiSpy..

    http://xp-antispy.org/index.php?lang=en

    Why use a crappy OS like Lunix with no real support..
    Brian Adams, Sep 18, 2007
  6. Peter

    Shane Guest

    Brian Adams wrote:

    > Why use a crappy OS like Lunix with no real support..

    Is anyone else noticing these trolls are all coming through aioe?
    --
    Q: What's yellow and equivalent to the Axiom of Choice?
    A: Zorn's Lemon.
    Shane, Sep 18, 2007
  7. Peter

    Squiggle Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > Brian Adams wrote:

    >> Why use a crappy OS like Lunix with no real support..

    > Is anyone else noticing these trolls are all coming through aioe?

    wonder why woger is using aioe.. paradise finally had enough maybe?
    Squiggle, Sep 18, 2007