More Thoughts

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by zenworks911, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. zenworks911

    zenworks911 Guest

    I also have a major problem with Kodak. Just thought I would share my
    experience with their new line of CX6230 camera's

    I work for a large corporation with many branch offices. In cases
    with printer drivers, microsoft hotfixes, and other drivers (easyshare
    for instance), we download a master copy from the manufacturers web
    site and then deploy it internally on our LAN to whatever computers
    need it. HP, Microsoft, Dell, virtually every company I have dealt
    with to this point works in this manner. You can use their automatic
    download/install tools (e.g., Windows Update) or download it manually
    and install it manually (e.g., technet, ftp site, etc...). I have
    searched long and hard (ftp.kodak.com, websites, and talked to tech
    support) and the only way we can accomplish downloading a stand alone
    version of Easyshare software is to get it via CDROM through
    snailmail. That is not progressive thinking at all and is completely
    inappropriate. All the Kodak 6230's we have received have come with
    the 3.1 version software which is not compatible with Windows 2000
    SP4. How hard would it be for Kodak to post an image or zip file of
    their 3.2 software on their ftp site or web site so that users have
    the option if they need it? Now I have to wait for a CD to show up in
    the mail. Very poor customer service.

    For those who are curious. I did find where the web updater puts the
    3.2 installation files at, however, there are some deep hooks in those
    files that tie them to the local system/user, that do not make it easy
    to just copy the folder onto a cd and install it on a new computer
    (like you can do with Internet Explorer 6 from microsoft), so that is
    not a slam dunk solution. If anyone knows how to mod those
    installation files please post your solution.

    Very disappointed customer,

    Zeworks911
    zenworks911, Jan 2, 2004

  2. zenworks911

    Ron Hunter Guest

    (zenworks911) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I also have a major problem with Kodak. Just thought I would share my
    > experience with their new line of CX6230 camera's

    > How hard would it be for Kodak to post an image or zip file of
    > their 3.2 software on their ftp site or web site so that users have
    > the option if they need it? Now I have to wait for a CD to show up in
    > the mail. Very poor customer service.

    I concur. I'm begining to think that the Kodak people don't know how to
    put up a file for ftp. If this is the case - I'll volunteer to assist them.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 13, 2004