    happens. The egg timer sits there for ages & in the end I press
    cntrol/alt/delete & it then says "Outlook Express not responding".

    Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
    Wellygoggles, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Wellygoggles wrote:
    > I just tried to open iVisit video chat program which I haven't used
    > for about a year and it has come up with the following message:-
    >
    > "Select IP address. iVisit has determined that you have more than
    > one IP address for this machine (it gave me the 2 numbers). This may
    > be the result of being on a LAN & using a dial up adapter such as a
    > modem. Pls select the IP address you wish to use for the iVisit
    > session".
    >
    > I have Paradise cable and not on a LAN. Should I be worried I have 2
    > IP addresses pls?

    Do you have a dial up modem also installed? What are the two ip addresses
    (You can change the last number if you're paranoid).

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Wellygoggles

    Wellygoggles Guest

    "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message

    > Do you have a dial up modem also installed? What are the two ip addresses
    > (You can change the last number if you're paranoid).

    Come to think of it, I think there is a built in modem which I never use cos
    of the cable. The ip addresses are:
    202.0.34.7
    3.0.0.2

    and thanks everso for responding Nicholas :)
    Wellygoggles, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Wellygoggles wrote:
    > "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Do you have a dial up modem also installed? What are the two ip
    >> addresses (You can change the last number if you're paranoid).

    > Come to think of it, I think there is a built in modem which I never
    > use cos of the cable. The ip addresses are:
    > 202.0.34.7
    > 3.0.0.2
    >
    > and thanks everso for responding Nicholas :)

    You could go into your network settings and remove TCP/IP from the dial up
    adapter. This *might* fix your problem. Or you could disable the modem in
    system properties.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Wellygoggles

    E. Guest

    Wellygoggles wrote:

    > 3.0.0.2

    That is the default IP for some weird-ass TV adapter.
    I've seen a few, can't remember the exact thingamobob (webTv for
    windoze??) that uses it. Check your network properties.
    E.
    E., Oct 1, 2003