more tapes i am letting go

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by breadguy, Jan 1, 2008.

  1. breadguy

    breadguy Guest

    hey heres some more tapes i am letting go of

    will trade for dvds, vcds, comics magazines,

    batman tv show 60's 15 tapes
    the saint roger moore 6 tapes
    danger man and secret agent 8 tapes
    galactica 80 3 tapes
    allo allo 22 tapes
    shaka zulu 1 tape
    buck rogers 6 tapes
    monarch on the glen 6 tapes
    hogans heroes 13 tapes
    new docter who season2 2 tapes
    my family 8 tapes
    mcmillian and wife 7 tapes
    shazam 6 tapes
    psych season 1 7 tapes
    mI5 aka spooks 8 tapes
    v the series 6 tapes
    sherlock holmes with jeremy brett 7 tapes
    sherlock holmes 50's show 2 tapes
    space 1999 18 tapes
    electro woman and dyna girl 1 tape
    sopranos 8 tapes
    planet of the apes series 2 tapes
    tru calling 5 tapes
    dune 1-3
    dark angel 10 tapes
    kindred the embraced 3 tapes
    nash bridges 21 tapes
    space above and beyond 5 tapes
    fire me please 1 tape
    the new avengers 3 tapes
    voyage to the bottom of the sea 17 tapes

    cartoons
    visionaries 1 tapes
    flash gorden 70's 5 tapes
    flash gorden 90's 2 tapes
    defenders of the earth 7 tapes
    starship troopers aka chronicles of the roughnecks 8 tapes
    beavis and butthead 3 tapes
    batman animated series 7 tapes
    gi joe 7 tapes
    ultraforce 2 tapes
    return to planet of the apes

    thanks john

    breadguy, Jan 1, 2008

  2. On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:36:52 -0800 (PST), breadguy
    <> wrote:

    >hey

    Hey, take your SPAM somewhere OTHER than Usenet, ya fucking retard!

    Forward complaints to yahoo.com as well as google groups about this
    retarded SPAMTard!!!

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 1, 2008

  3. breadguy

    PapaBear Guest

    I suppose it's fair to make your offer, but wonder why anyone would want to
    acquire VHS tapes anymore.

    I've got over 400 VHS movie tapes, including quite a few in S-VHS ET mode,
    and a few in S-VHS mode, but doubt they're of much value anymore. I replaced
    all that are available on DVD, with DVDs, because it seems pointless to
    transfer the lower quality tapes to higher resolution discs. There are only
    about 25 unavailable on DVD, so I had no choice and transferred those few to
    DVD. However the quality of those transfers is generally poor, partly
    because the original tapes aren't in good shape after 10-15 years of
    storage. Also most were recorded on a variety of VCRs over the years, and
    those don't play very well on the VCRs I currently have available. If I had
    known the tapes would be in such poor condition after 10-15 years, I
    probably wouldn't have acquired or recorded them in the first place!

    Anyway, it's a DVD world now, and hopefully 10-15 years in the future,
    they'll still be in good shape! Stay tuned, and I'll let you know how they
    fared, if I'm still around then... :)

    PapaBear, Jan 1, 2008
  4. PapaBear wrote:

    > I suppose it's fair to make your offer, but wonder why anyone would want to
    > acquire VHS tapes anymore.

    Let alone, why would we want to acquire 2-3 ep. VHS tapes of shows that
    are already in complete series/season boxset?

    (If there was one innovation we had to thank DVD for, it was the ability
    for studios to no longer be afraid of putting series on video.) :)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jan 1, 2008
  5. On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 03:16:30 GMT, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    >PapaBear wrote:
    >
    >> I suppose it's fair to make your offer, but wonder why anyone would want to
    >> acquire VHS tapes anymore.

    >Let alone, why would we want to acquire 2-3 ep. VHS tapes of shows that
    >are already in complete series/season boxset?

    They are worth about $0.25 each, at best and only then to the magtape
    fabric girl.

    >(If there was one innovation we had to thank DVD for, it was the ability
    >for studios to no longer be afraid of putting series on video.) :)

    Are you kidding? They are making money hand over fist!

    I am just glad I wait years for certain shows. The x-files are like
    $16.99 a year right now, and they were like $60 plus in their "heyday".

    I wish I could control my urges on shows like The Sopranos or Lost.

    Gotta have 'em though.

    They are making billions on us.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 1, 2008