    <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Jan 29, 2014

  2. PeterN

    Bartolomeo Guest

    W dniu 2014-01-29 19:47, PeterN pisze:

    > Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
    > and think we need more snow.
    > How to make your image look like it is snowing.
    >
    > <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

    TBH this looks very fake. Why? Real snow doesn't look like this. If
    you'd analyze a photo taken when snowing you'd notice that the further
    away from the lens there are more snowflakes, the smaller they are and
    the slower they're moving.
    In conclusion to simulate real snow one should create multiple layers
    with different amount of snowflakes size and motion blur on each one.
    The more layers the more natural the picture would look.
    Bartolomeo, Jan 30, 2014

  3. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:30:43 -0800, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2014-01-29 18:47:02 +0000, PeterN <> said:
    >

    >> Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
    >> and think we need more snow.
    >> How to make your image look like it is snowing.
    >>
    >> <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

    >It
    >>

    >looks like a tutorial on how to add noise.
    >...but Peter, that shouldn't be anything you need to learn. You had
    >that perfected some time ago. ;-)

    What's "snow"?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Jan 30, 2014
  4. PeterN

    RichA Guest

    On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:47:02 PM UTC-5, PeterN wrote:
    > Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
    >
    > and think we need more snow.
    >
    > How to make your image look like it is snowing.
    >

    > <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

    I'm sorry, you altered the photo. You're FIRED!!
    RichA, Jan 31, 2014
  5. PeterN

    Sandman Guest

    In article <lcelgk$evn$>, Bartolomeo wrote:

    > W dniu 2014-01-29 19:47, PeterN pisze:

    > > PeterN:
    > > Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the
    > > ground, and think we need more snow. How to make your image look
    > > like it is snowing.

    > > <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

    > TBH this looks very fake. Why? Real snow doesn't look like this. If
    > you'd analyze a photo taken when snowing you'd notice that the
    > further away from the lens there are more snowflakes, the smaller
    > they are and the slower they're moving. In conclusion to simulate
    > real snow one should create multiple layers with different amount of
    > snowflakes size and motion blur on each one. The more layers the
    > more natural the picture would look.

    I did my own version of this tutorial here:

    http://sandman.net/pages/Skapa_Sno_I_Photoshop?lang=en

    I think the end result is better. Maybe not perfect, but could probably
    fool some people :)

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, Jan 31, 2014
  6. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/30/2014 6:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2014-01-29 18:47:02 +0000, PeterN <> said:
    >

    >> Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
    >> and think we need more snow.
    >> How to make your image look like it is snowing.
    >>
    >> <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>
    >>

    > It
    >>

    > looks like a tutorial on how to add noise.
    > ...but Peter, that shouldn't be anything you need to learn. You had that
    > perfected some time ago. ;-)

    <G>

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Jan 31, 2014
  7. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/30/2014 6:48 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:30:43 -0800, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2014-01-29 18:47:02 +0000, PeterN <> said:
    >>

    >>> Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
    >>> and think we need more snow.
    >>> How to make your image look like it is snowing.
    >>>
    >>> <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

    >> It
    >>>

    >> looks like a tutorial on how to add noise.
    >> ...but Peter, that shouldn't be anything you need to learn. You had
    >> that perfected some time ago. ;-)

    > What's "snow"?

    snow job <> blow job

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Jan 31, 2014
  8. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/30/2014 5:59 PM, Bartolomeo wrote:
    > W dniu 2014-01-29 19:47, PeterN pisze:
    >>
    >> Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
    >> and think we need more snow.
    >> How to make your image look like it is snowing.
    >>
    >> <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>
    >>

    > TBH this looks very fake. Why? Real snow doesn't look like this. If
    > you'd analyze a photo taken when snowing you'd notice that the further
    > away from the lens there are more snowflakes, the smaller they are and
    > the slower they're moving.
    > In conclusion to simulate real snow one should create multiple layers
    > with different amount of snowflakes size and motion blur on each one.
    > The more layers the more natural the picture would look.

    Not a bad idea. I have seen tutorials on simulaitng lightning, but have
    never been able to reproduce the effect.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Jan 31, 2014