    Any more thoughts would be great!!

    Thanks in advance

    CB ~

    CB, Apr 19, 2007

  2. CB

    Cyber Wo Guest

    On Apr 18, 8:56 pm, CB <> wrote:
    > Is there some way to test the ram performance to see if it's not being
    > overloaded or pushed to the limits to where it's shutting down? This
    > thing just acts slow at everything it trys to do.
    >
    > The other thing is it keeps on kicking me off the internet too. It
    > will be on for a bit and then......bye bye
    >
    > Any more thoughts would be great!!
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > CB ~

    Yes. XP has a performance monitor. You will have to access the control
    panel to get to it and then open it up. It should be running smooth.
    If you are constantly running over 50 percent consider getiing more
    memory or new computer.

    Cyber Wo, Apr 20, 2007

  3. CB

    Neil Green Guest

    "CB" <> wrote in message
    > Is there some way to test the ram performance to see
    > if it's not being
    > overloaded or pushed to the limits to where it's
    > shutting down? This
    > thing just acts slow at everything it trys to do.
    >
    > The other thing is it keeps on kicking me off the
    > internet too. It
    > will be on for a bit and then......bye bye
    >
    > Any more thoughts would be great!!
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > CB ~

    The RAM could be faulty but it's unlikely given what
    you describe.
    Bad RAM will usually cause program crashes, blue
    screens, system hangs and the like but not normally a
    general slowdown.
    If the PC has been running well until recently, and
    your internet connection is starting to drop out I'd
    check the machine thoroughly for malware/viruses.

    Neil Green, Apr 20, 2007
  4. CB

    Tee Jay Guest

    Neil Green wrote:
    > "CB" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there some way to test the ram performance to see
    >> if it's not being
    >> overloaded or pushed to the limits to where it's
    >> shutting down? This
    >> thing just acts slow at everything it trys to do.
    >>
    >> The other thing is it keeps on kicking me off the
    >> internet too. It
    >> will be on for a bit and then......bye bye
    >>
    >> Any more thoughts would be great!!
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> CB ~

    > The RAM could be faulty but it's unlikely given what
    > you describe.
    > Bad RAM will usually cause program crashes, blue
    > screens, system hangs and the like but not normally a
    > general slowdown.
    > If the PC has been running well until recently, and
    > your internet connection is starting to drop out I'd
    > check the machine thoroughly for malware/viruses.

    Not to change direction but have you (op) updated BIOS? I just built a
    Dual Core with a Asus P5VD2-X and it ran slow as heck. Updated BIOS and
    it reset memory timings and it rocks now.
    Tee Jay

    Tee Jay, Apr 20, 2007