More Questions about Tabs

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Robert, May 3, 2005.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    OK, so how do I make Firefox open more tabs in the tab bar? I have 3 set to
    open as my homepage. (Got that here a while back...) Then, whenever I open
    another bookmark or whatever, that site takes the place of the site that I
    opened the new tab in. (Make sense?)

    Like if I have my bank's site open (one of my 3 that open upon start) and then
    open another bookmark, it will overwrite (good term?) the bank's place in the
    little bar. If I go to another of the 3 sites that open automatically, the
    next new site will open over that site in the bar. I can never have more than
    3 tabs open at a time. Any new site opened will replace the address/tab of the
    tab that it is opened in. Always just 3 are open at any time.

    I have gone to the tools > options and played around there but none of the
    options available seem to fix this. I also tried going to about:config and
    changed a few things there back and forth but I have never gotten any more
    than 3 tabs to remain open at a time.

    What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks for any and all help.

    Robert

    Robert, May 3, 2005

  2. Robert uitte de volgende tekst op 4/05/2005 0:57:
    > OK, so how do I make Firefox open more tabs in the tab bar? I have 3 set to
    > open as my homepage. (Got that here a while back...) Then, whenever I open
    > another bookmark or whatever, that site takes the place of the site that I
    > opened the new tab in. (Make sense?)
    >
    > Like if I have my bank's site open (one of my 3 that open upon start) and then
    > open another bookmark, it will overwrite (good term?) the bank's place in the
    > little bar. If I go to another of the 3 sites that open automatically, the
    > next new site will open over that site in the bar. I can never have more than
    > 3 tabs open at a time. Any new site opened will replace the address/tab of the
    > tab that it is opened in. Always just 3 are open at any time.
    >
    > I have gone to the tools > options and played around there but none of the
    > options available seem to fix this. I also tried going to about:config and
    > changed a few things there back and forth but I have never gotten any more
    > than 3 tabs to remain open at a time.
    >
    > What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks for any and all help.

    Ctrl + click on a link or just Ctrl + T

    HTH, H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

    Hendrik Maryns, May 4, 2005

  3. Robert

    RogerB Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    > Robert uitte de volgende tekst op 4/05/2005 0:57:
    >
    >> OK, so how do I make Firefox open more tabs in the tab bar? I have 3
    >> set to open as my homepage. (Got that here a while back...) Then,
    >> whenever I open another bookmark or whatever, that site takes the
    >> place of the site that I opened the new tab in. (Make sense?)
    >>
    >> Like if I have my bank's site open (one of my 3 that open upon start)
    >> and then open another bookmark, it will overwrite (good term?) the
    >> bank's place in the little bar. If I go to another of the 3 sites that
    >> open automatically, the next new site will open over that site in the
    >> bar. I can never have more than 3 tabs open at a time. Any new site
    >> opened will replace the address/tab of the tab that it is opened in.
    >> Always just 3 are open at any time.
    >>
    >> I have gone to the tools > options and played around there but none of
    >> the options available seem to fix this. I also tried going to
    >> about:config and changed a few things there back and forth but I have
    >> never gotten any more than 3 tabs to remain open at a time.
    >>
    >> What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks for any and all help.

    > Ctrl + click on a link or just Ctrl + T
    >
    > HTH, H.

    If you have a wheel mouse depress/click it while on a link and the new
    site will open in a new tab.
    RogerB

    RogerB, May 4, 2005
  4. Robert

    Z Guest

    Robert wrote:
    > OK, so how do I make Firefox open more tabs in the tab bar? I have 3 set to
    > open as my homepage. (Got that here a while back...) Then, whenever I open
    > another bookmark or whatever, that site takes the place of the site that I
    > opened the new tab in. (Make sense?)

    I put the New Tab icon in my toolbar.

    Right click in the toolbar > Customize, drag the New Tab icon to the
    toolbar whwre you want it. Then you can click on that for a new tab (or
    use CTRL + T)

    Z, May 4, 2005