    the call only to find that the landline rang some 8 minutes later with
    my voip.co.uk CLID!

    Is there yet another problem with the new platform?

    Peter Watson, Nov 24, 2007

  2. Peter Watson

    Bill49 Guest

    I'm having the same problem with my sipura 1001. As with you it takes
    about 30 seconds to a minute for the landline to ring if it every
    does. And again, if I give up before the landline rings, it will ring
    sometime later. Further, if the landline does eventually ring, and I
    put down my voip 'phone and do not pick up the landline the landline
    will continue to ring until the answer machine cuts in.

    The good (and strange) news is that on the beta platform everything
    works as normal. I plan to post something on the voip.co.uk forum
    tomorrow.

    Maybe you could tell me if the beta platform works for you as well

    Bill

    Bill49, Nov 24, 2007

  3. Peter Watson

    It's Me Guest

    "Bill49" <> wrote in message
    > I'm having the same problem with my sipura 1001. As with you it takes
    > about 30 seconds to a minute for the landline to ring if it every
    > does. And again, if I give up before the landline rings, it will ring
    > sometime later. Further, if the landline does eventually ring, and I
    > put down my voip 'phone and do not pick up the landline the landline
    > will continue to ring until the answer machine cuts in.
    >
    > The good (and strange) news is that on the beta platform everything
    > works as normal. I plan to post something on the voip.co.uk forum
    > tomorrow.
    >
    > Maybe you could tell me if the beta platform works for you as well
    >
    > Bill

    It seems to work here OK using a PAP2 on the new system.

    When I first set it up it would not connect so I turned the PAP2 off for a
    while and on reboot it connected and has stayed connected as far as I know.

    It's Me, Nov 24, 2007
  4. Peter Watson

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:23:47 +0000, Peter Watson <>
    wrote:

    >Since making this change I've found that calling out through the service
    >introduces a significant delay before the call is established ie
    >ringing.

    I am experiencing the same problem. When working OK it used to connect
    within 1 second. Now it takes an age to connect. Sometimes I have had
    to go via another provider.
    I put a friend on voip.co.uk as, at the time, it was good and
    reliable. With all the problems they are having I keep getting calls
    about it. It must be even worse for those who need it to pass, what is
    commonly called, the 'wife test'.
    They really need to get this sorted fast or lose credibility.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---

    Brian A, Nov 25, 2007
  5. Peter Watson

    Gloria Guest

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:19:09 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:23:47 +0000, Peter Watson <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Since making this change I've found that calling out through the service
    >>introduces a significant delay before the call is established ie
    >>ringing.

    >I am experiencing the same problem. When working OK it used to connect
    >within 1 second. Now it takes an age to connect. Sometimes I have had
    >to go via another provider.
    >I put a friend on voip.co.uk as, at the time, it was good and
    >reliable. With all the problems they are having I keep getting calls
    >about it. It must be even worse for those who need it to pass, what is
    >commonly called, the 'wife test'.
    >They really need to get this sorted fast or lose credibility.

    Same problems here, and varying. One call goes through fine, next
    could take 40 seconds or not even connect at all. If you hang up and
    redial it sometimes connects quicker.

    Weird and unnecessary problems and seemingly no rush to resolve them.
    Which in effect makes them useless.

    pam the SPAMMERS send an email to

    Gloria, Nov 25, 2007
  6. Peter Watson

    Linker3000 Guest

    Gloria wrote:
    [Snip]
    > Weird and unnecessary problems and seemingly no rush to resolve them.
    > Which in effect makes them useless.

    I know for a fact that they are working long hours to get things sorted
    but they seem to have hit some major issues with their platform upgrade
    that should never have followed it out of the beta stage.

    I think they should bite the bullet and switch back to the old platform
    and do some more testing - it's been a very frustrating time and after
    several years of near-perfect service they have damaged their reputation
    severely in the space of a couple of weeks.

    Linker3000, Nov 25, 2007
  7. Peter Watson

    Bill49 Guest

    I tried the proxy server again this morning, and it worked. I have
    used the 'phone a few times over the last 6 houres and so far no
    problems. Maybe voip.co. have done something

    Bill

    Bill49, Nov 25, 2007
  8. Peter Watson

    Guest

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:49:03 +0000, Linker3000
    <> wrote:

    >I think they should bite the bullet and switch back to the old platform
    >and do some more testing -

    I have completely wiped them of the ATA , S450 IP , and my WiFi phone
    this morning , told Chris by email last evening politely what to do
    with their service and why .
    >it's been a very frustrating time and after
    >several years of near-perfect service they have damaged their reputation
    >severely in the space of a couple of weeks.

    Most customers do not want excuses they want the service they have
    paid for and if a company cannot provide that service then they must
    do without the customers .

    , Nov 25, 2007
  9. Peter Watson

    alexd Guest

    Peter Watson wrote:

    > I've moved registration of my VOIP system (Asterisk 1.2.22) to
    > proxy.voip.co.uk:5060 (from register.voip.co.uk) as instructed in the
    > recent email. I've explicitly set the port as my Asterisk box was
    > losing registration, presumably due to SRV lookups (A problem identified
    > on the voip.co.uk wiki as affecting 1.4.xx?)
    >
    > Since making this change I've found that calling out through the service
    > introduces a significant delay before the call is established ie
    > ringing. A test call I've just made to my landline from my VOIP number
    > failed to connect at all within 50 seconds so I gave up and terminated
    > the call only to find that the landline rang some 8 minutes later with
    > my voip.co.uk CLID!
    >
    > Is there yet another problem with the new platform?

    I've been seeing a bit of this today:

    -- Got SIP response 503 "Registrar overloaded; try again shortly." back from
    193.203.210.36
    Nov 26 15:43:34 NOTICE[32452]: chan_sip.c:5429 sip_reg_timeout: --
    Registration for '' timed out, trying again (Attempt
    #2)

    I also saw this yesterday before I'd changed from registrar.voip.co.uk to
    proxy.voip.co.uk - not surprising given that registrar is a CNAME for
    proxy.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    15:47:47 up 15 days, 4:26, 3 users, load average: 0.10, 0.15, 0.16

    alexd, Nov 26, 2007
  10. Peter Watson

    Gloria Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Gloria wrote:
    >[Snip]
    >> Weird and unnecessary problems and seemingly no rush to resolve them.
    >> Which in effect makes them useless.
    >>

    >I know for a fact that they are working long hours to get things sorted
    >but they seem to have hit some major issues with their platform upgrade
    >that should never have followed it out of the beta stage.
    >
    >I think they should bite the bullet and switch back to the old platform
    >and do some more testing - it's been a very frustrating time and after
    >several years of near-perfect service they have damaged their reputation
    >severely in the space of a couple of weeks.

    It is a shame. Was fine all day yesterday.

    pam the SPAMMERS send an email to

    Gloria, Nov 27, 2007
  11. Peter Watson

    Peter Watson Guest

    Peter Watson wrote:
    > I've moved registration of my VOIP system (Asterisk 1.2.22) to
    > proxy.voip.co.uk:5060 (from register.voip.co.uk) as instructed in the
    > recent email. I've explicitly set the port as my Asterisk box was
    > losing registration, presumably due to SRV lookups (A problem identified
    > on the voip.co.uk wiki as affecting 1.4.xx?)
    >
    > Since making this change I've found that calling out through the service
    > introduces a significant delay before the call is established ie
    > ringing. A test call I've just made to my landline from my VOIP number
    > failed to connect at all within 50 seconds so I gave up and terminated
    > the call only to find that the landline rang some 8 minutes later with
    > my voip.co.uk CLID!
    >
    > Is there yet another problem with the new platform?

    To follow up my own post:

    Email received yesterday indicating that the delay problem last week has
    been resolved. No further detail supplied...

    Peter Watson, Nov 27, 2007
  12. In message <>, Peter Watson
    <> writes
    >Peter Watson wrote:
    >> I've moved registration of my VOIP system (Asterisk 1.2.22) to
    >>proxy.voip.co.uk:5060 (from register.voip.co.uk) as instructed in the
    >>recent email. I've explicitly set the port as my Asterisk box was
    >>losing registration, presumably due to SRV lookups (A problem
    >>identified on the voip.co.uk wiki as affecting 1.4.xx?)
    >> Since making this change I've found that calling out through the
    >>service introduces a significant delay before the call is established
    >>ie ringing. A test call I've just made to my landline from my VOIP
    >>number failed to connect at all within 50 seconds so I gave up and
    >>terminated the call only to find that the landline rang some 8
    >>minutes later with my voip.co.uk CLID!
    >> Is there yet another problem with the new platform?

    >To follow up my own post:
    >
    >Email received yesterday indicating that the delay problem last week
    >has been resolved. No further detail supplied...

    Not resolved as far as I'm concerned. Nearly a minute to connect calls
    this am.

    Malcolm Loades, Nov 27, 2007