    computer is on this list."

    From: http://www.dealextreme.com/

    and the same from https.

    Could folks please check for me? Being paranoid, I'm wondering if it's
    anything to do with the faulty goods claim I put in six days ago....

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 18, 2009

  2. ~misfit~

    Alan Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Now I'm getting:
    >>
    >> "You are not authorized to view this page
    >> The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP
    >> addresses
    >> that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of
    >> your browsing computer is on this list."
    >>
    >> From: http://www.dealextreme.com/
    >>
    >> and the same from https.
    >>
    >> Could folks please check for me? Being paranoid, I'm wondering if
    >> it's
    >> anything to do with the faulty goods claim I put in six days
    >> ago....

    > Oh well, it's working now. I wonder what that was all about?

    Weird. I'm getting that same error message you were in your OP right
    now.

    Guess they must still be having a few issues.

    Alan.

    My unmunged email is: (valid for 30 days
    min probably much longer).
    Alan, Jun 18, 2009

  3. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Now I'm getting:
    >
    > "You are not authorized to view this page
    > The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that
    > are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing
    > computer is on this list."
    >
    > From: http://www.dealextreme.com/
    >
    > and the same from https.
    >
    > Could folks please check for me? Being paranoid, I'm wondering if it's
    > anything to do with the faulty goods claim I put in six days ago....
    >
    > Cheers,

    I got that before but its all looking like its working great now. Images
    Richard, Jun 18, 2009
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Now I'm getting:
    >>
    >> "You are not authorized to view this page
    >> The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP
    >> addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP
    >> address of your browsing computer is on this list."
    >>
    >> From: http://www.dealextreme.com/
    >>
    >> and the same from https.
    >>
    >> Could folks please check for me? Being paranoid, I'm wondering if
    >> it's anything to do with the faulty goods claim I put in six days
    >> ago.... Cheers,

    > I got that before but its all looking like its working great now.
    > Images loading in my rss reader as well which is a first for about a
    > week

    Cool, thanks Richard, it's working fine for me too again now.

    Also, I have to go to NZ Post tomorrow and find out how much it will cost to
    send an item back to HK. (They say only to send it if the cheapest postage
    available is less than 30% of what the item cost. I don't think that it will
    be and am unsure of what that will mean. We shall see....

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 18, 2009
  5. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Cool, thanks Richard, it's working fine for me too again now.
    >
    > Also, I have to go to NZ Post tomorrow and find out how much it will cost to
    > send an item back to HK. (They say only to send it if the cheapest postage
    > available is less than 30% of what the item cost. I don't think that it will
    > be and am unsure of what that will mean. We shall see....

    It means they tell you to chuck it out...

    HK is like singapore - ok price on small things so you may still have to
    send it tho
    Richard, Jun 18, 2009
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Cool, thanks Richard, it's working fine for me too again now.
    >>
    >> Also, I have to go to NZ Post tomorrow and find out how much it will
    >> cost to send an item back to HK. (They say only to send it if the
    >> cheapest postage available is less than 30% of what the item cost. I
    >> don't think that it will be and am unsure of what that will mean. We
    >> shall see....

    > It means they tell you to chuck it out...

    Ahh, OK.

    > HK is like singapore - ok price on small things so you may still have
    > to send it tho

    Well, it'll have to cost less than 30% of $24 ($7.20) to send an LED
    flashlight that breaks down to fit a 10 x 5 x 3 cm box and weighs over 100g.
    I've never sent anything to HK before. I have to pick up my 'script today,
    I'll take it to the PostShop and find out. Shame it's a Friday, hope it's
    not too busy by the time my analgesics kick in sufficiently / back free's up
    and I'm mobile enough...

    Actually, with the info you provided, I hope that it's more expensive than
    that to send it back as it's the switch that packed up within 24 hours and,
    being unsure of warranty etc. and 'handy' I've attempted to dissasemble it
    to effect a repair. However, it seems it's not possible to get to the switch
    mechanism (which seems to have come unsoldered from a small PCB) and there
    are now marks on it where I've tried to pull it to bits to fix it.

    We shall see. Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 19, 2009
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Cool, thanks Richard, it's working fine for me too again now.
    >>>
    >>> Also, I have to go to NZ Post tomorrow and find out how much it will
    >>> cost to send an item back to HK. (They say only to send it if the
    >>> cheapest postage available is less than 30% of what the item cost. I
    >>> don't think that it will be and am unsure of what that will mean. We
    >>> shall see....

    >> It means they tell you to chuck it out...

    > Ahh, OK.
    >
    >> HK is like singapore - ok price on small things so you may still have
    >> to send it tho

    > Well, it'll have to cost less than 30% of $24 ($7.20) to send an LED
    > flashlight that breaks down to fit a 10 x 5 x 3 cm box and weighs
    > over 100g. I've never sent anything to HK before. I have to pick up
    > my 'script today, I'll take it to the PostShop and find out. Shame
    > it's a Friday, hope it's not too busy by the time my analgesics kick
    > in sufficiently / back free's up and I'm mobile enough...
    >
    > Actually, with the info you provided, I hope that it's more expensive
    > than that to send it back as it's the switch that packed up within 24
    > hours and, being unsure of warranty etc. and 'handy' I've attempted
    > to dissasemble it to effect a repair. However, it seems it's not
    > possible to get to the switch mechanism (which seems to have come
    > unsoldered from a small PCB) and there are now marks on it where I've
    > tried to pull it to bits to fix it.

    NZ Post quoted me $8.23 to send it back, 33% of item cost. I have informed
    DX through the link supplied in the email and will wait and see...

    Now I've just got to sort out WTF happened to the PC that I fitted a Via
    chipset PCI - USB2 card into that I got from DX. The PC has been fine,
    reliable and stable as a rock. HoweverI fitted the card and now it won't
    boot Windows (XP Pro sp3). On safe mode it stops at (or after) loading
    Mup.sys. Removing the USB2 card didn't help. Unfortunately, as this PC isn't
    used as often as some others my last Acronis image is dated Dec 2007. :-(
    Also, loading that via USB 1.1 will take forever.

    Oh well, the fist-full of PKs that I took on my return from town are kicking
    in, time to make the most of the sun and mow the lawn.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 19, 2009
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Collector€NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:

    >>> I got that before but its all looking like its working great now.
    >>> Images loading in my rss reader as well which is a first for about a
    >>> week

    >> Cool, thanks Richard, it's working fine for me too again now.
    >>
    >> Also, I have to go to NZ Post tomorrow and find out how much it will
    >> cost to send an item back to HK. (They say only to send it if the
    >> cheapest postage available is less than 30% of what the item cost. I
    >> don't think that it will be and am unsure of what that will mean. We
    >> shall see....

    > Relax, they have a dam good policy on this

    Cool, thanks for the reassurance. They haven't got back to me since I told
    them the cost to send it back exceeded 30% of the cost of the item and now
    it's the weekend. Guess I'll hear back next week.

    Hope you have a good weekend,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 19, 2009
  9. ~misfit~

    johntan

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I ordered a NDS lite flashcart in dealextreme a month ago,when it came it is a different flashcart and couldn't use it on my ds.then i ordered in Chinabuye the delivery was so fast, easy payment, and gave me the right card.
    johntan, Nov 29, 2010