    from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
    incapable of forming such opinions."
    -- Albert Einstein
    Matt Ion, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Matt Ion

    Ryadia Guest

    Matt Ion wrote:
    > A little while ago I asked about opinions on the Canon i860/900D/960
    > printers... now the local Future Shops have on sale the HP PhotoSmart 7760.
    > Aside from the one major drawback that (according to the specs at
    > http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10034285&langid=EN&test_cookie=1)
    > it has 6-color printing but only a single color tank (as opposed to Canon's
    > discrete tanks), how does this unit rate with those familiar with it?
    >
    > TIA

    In practice, when printing a variety of photographs, only the Cyan and
    light cyan colours use more ink than the rest. If HP have made those
    compartments larger then there is not a lot in the different tank method
    except cost. I'd go for the HP anyway. I already have a big HP 6 colour
    printer and it rocks!

    Ryadia
    Ryadia, Aug 22, 2004