    --
    http://www.nigelcampbell.net

    , Nov 10, 2006

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello everyone.
    >
    > I just joined the group today - I'm not really a big joiner of things
    > but who knows, this could be fun.
    >
    > Last year I upgraded my previous digital camera to a Canon 350d - now I
    > see the 400d launched going up to 10 mp! it looks like we can't get
    > enough pixels these days. I'm sorely tempted, but who knows if that
    > won't be out of date the moment I buy it!
    >
    > anyway... if you want to see what I'm doing with the basic 8 megapixels
    > then you can see my shots here:
    >
    > http://www.nigelcampbell.net
    >
    > Any and all comments welcome of course.

    Some very nice pictures. You clearly have a good eye for subject matter
    and composition. I like your PP work, too, especially on the b&w
    images. Good stuff.

    -Gniewko

    , Nov 10, 2006

  3. SimonLW Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone.
    >
    > I just joined the group today - I'm not really a big joiner of things
    > but who knows, this could be fun.
    >
    > Last year I upgraded my previous digital camera to a Canon 350d - now I
    > see the 400d launched going up to 10 mp! it looks like we can't get
    > enough pixels these days. I'm sorely tempted, but who knows if that
    > won't be out of date the moment I buy it!
    >
    > anyway... if you want to see what I'm doing with the basic 8 megapixels
    > then you can see my shots here:
    >
    > http://www.nigelcampbell.net
    >
    > Any and all comments welcome of course.
    >
    > Nigel
    > --
    > http://www.nigelcampbell.net

    Check DPreview.com. there is really no huge difference going from 8 to 10
    MP. You may like the other new features of the XTi/400D.
    -S

    SimonLW, Nov 10, 2006
  4. Frank ess Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Hello everyone.
    >>
    >> I just joined the group today - I'm not really a big joiner of
    >> things
    >> but who knows, this could be fun.
    >>
    >> Last year I upgraded my previous digital camera to a Canon 350d -
    >> now I see the 400d launched going up to 10 mp! it looks like we
    >> can't get enough pixels these days. I'm sorely tempted, but who
    >> knows if that won't be out of date the moment I buy it!
    >>
    >> anyway... if you want to see what I'm doing with the basic 8
    >> megapixels then you can see my shots here:
    >>
    >> http://www.nigelcampbell.net
    >>
    >> Any and all comments welcome of course.

    > Some very nice pictures. You clearly have a good eye for subject
    > matter and composition. I like your PP work, too, especially on the
    > b&w images. Good stuff.

    I do agree.

    If I were rich I'd offer to sponsor additional pixels,
    just for the good of the sport.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Nov 10, 2006
  5. timeOday Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello everyone.
    >
    > I just joined the group today - I'm not really a big joiner of things
    > but who knows, this could be fun.
    >
    > Last year I upgraded my previous digital camera to a Canon 350d - now I
    > see the 400d launched going up to 10 mp! it looks like we can't get
    > enough pixels these days. I'm sorely tempted, but who knows if that
    > won't be out of date the moment I buy it!
    >
    > anyway... if you want to see what I'm doing with the basic 8 megapixels
    > then you can see my shots here:
    >
    > http://www.nigelcampbell.net
    >
    > Any and all comments welcome of course.
    >
    > Nigel
    > --
    > http://www.nigelcampbell.net

    Wow, nice. A lot of your shots have dramatic clouds. May I ask, are
    you using a gradient filter during shooting, or is it all postprocessing
    (burn)? Or multiple exposures?

    timeOday, Nov 11, 2006
  6. wrote:

    > Last year I upgraded my previous digital camera to a Canon 350d - now I
    > see the 400d launched going up to 10 mp! ... I'm sorely tempted

    Hm... and why do you need so many pixels ? Only because they are
    available ? And you could have more pixels than the Jonses across the
    fence ?

    You need more pixels if you print posters 40" x 60" or submit you works
    to geographical magazines. But if you print only up to like 6" x 8",
    then you need only 3-6 MP.

    =?iso-8859-1?B?bWlubmVz+HR0aQ==?=, Nov 11, 2006
  7. Guest

    timeOday wrote:
    > Wow, nice. A lot of your shots have dramatic clouds. May I ask, are
    > you using a gradient filter during shooting, or is it all postprocessing
    > (burn)? Or multiple exposures?

    Some of the skies are the result of multiple exposures or a little post
    processing. I used to do very little to my shots but these days its all
    about the way I see it when I'm there. I have sensitive eyes and often
    wear sunglasses - even on overcast days - so I guess that's what I'm
    replicating. I prefer not to use filters as there's no way to remove
    them once you have taken the shot and many of the filters you can buy
    can be recreated in post production without too much fuss.

    Nigel
    --
    http://www.nigelcampbell.net

    , Nov 12, 2006