More Photoshop fakery

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, May 13, 2013.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, May 13, 2013

  2. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On May 13, 12:43 am, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    wrote:
    > On 2013-05-12 21:30:58 -0700, RichA <> said:
    >
    > > If you see this book in the bookstore, look at the individual faces.
    > > McCoy's face is hugely soft-filtered.  Spock's is sharp.  Kirk's face
    > > has very obviously been grafted on.  The picture is a  complete fraud.

    > >http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13389992-star-trek-faq

    > ...and this is important for you??
    > The entire concept of Star Trek is a "complete fraud".
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    It's not the same as a make-up company pretending some concoction will
    erase wrinkles using PS, but it's still misrepresentation. The shot
    never took place. However, seeing how hackneyed it was, it makes me
    think the shot was produced before PS existed, by manual means.

    RichA, May 13, 2013

  3. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/13/2013 6:16 AM, Savageduck wrote:

    <snip>

    > Aah! Actual analog cut and paste.

    so was the Captain's log.
    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, May 14, 2013
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On May 13, 7:26 pm, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:
    > On 2013.05.13 00:30 , RichA wrote:
    >
    > > If you see this book in the bookstore, look at the individual faces.
    > > McCoy's face is hugely soft-filtered.  Spock's is sharp.  Kirk's face
    > > has very obviously been grafted on.  The picture is a  complete fraud.

    > >http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13389992-star-trek-faq

    > The news has been saturated with the Boston bombing, the Bangladesh
    > building collapse and the Cleveland kidnapper and other news pablum.
    >
    > But now you've discovered something of importance!
    >
    > Call the newspaper, the television station.  W5!  Frontline!

    Don't forget the gay ball player, that dominated the American media.

    RichA, May 14, 2013
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On May 13, 8:38 am, George Kerby <> wrote:
    > On 5/12/13 11:30 PM, in article
    > , "RichA"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > If you see this book in the bookstore, look at the individual faces.
    > > McCoy's face is hugely soft-filtered.  Spock's is sharp.  Kirk's face
    > > has very obviously been grafted on.  The picture is a  complete fraud.

    > >http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13389992-star-trek-faq

    > WTF cares about such old crap?!? Get a life, already. SHEESH!!!!

    George it's not the 1990's, you can dispense with that phrase and find
    a new cliche.

    RichA, May 14, 2013
  6. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:27:53 AM UTC+1, Neil Ellwood wrote:

    > >> It's not the same as a make-up company pretending some concoction will

    > >> erase wrinkles using PS, but it's still misrepresentation. The shot

    > >> never took place. However, seeing how hackneyed it was, it makes me

    > >> think the shot was produced before PS existed, by manual means.

    > > Good to see that you are up at 3-4 AM pondering such events in the Human

    > > Condition, Rich. Thank God that you are on the job!!!!

    > He wasn't - he was using his computer.

    So what was the other hand doing ?

    Whisky-dave, May 14, 2013
  7. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/14/2013 3:01 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-05-13 22:56:48 -0700, RichA <> said:
    >
    >> On May 13, 8:38 am, George Kerby <> wrote:
    >>> On 5/12/13 11:30 PM, in article
    >>> ,

    >> ce

    >> ud.

    >>> WTF cares about such old crap?!? Get a life, already. SHEESH!!!!

    >> George it's not the 1990's, you can dispense with that phrase and find
    >> a new cliche.

    > Just remember, the Enterprise had a plywood & cardboard bridge.

    Are you telling us it was faked!!! OMG horror of horrors.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, May 14, 2013
  8. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/14/2013 5:21 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

    >>> Good to see that you are up at 3-4 AM pondering such events in the Human

    >>> Condition, Rich. Thank God that you are on the job!!!!

    >> He wasn't - he was using his computer.

    > So what was the other hand doing ?

    He was possibly taking pictures of furniture. what else did you have in
    mind.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, May 14, 2013
  9. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:25:57 PM UTC+1, PeterN wrote:
    > On 5/14/2013 3:01 AM, Savageduck wrote:

    > >> ce

    > >> ud.

    > >> George it's not the 1990's, you can dispense with that phrase and find

    > >> a new cliche.

    > > Just remember, the Enterprise had a plywood & cardboard bridge.

    > Are you telling us it was faked!!! OMG horror of horrors.

    Next he'll be telling us they ran from side to side on the bridge pretending it was rocking !!!!

    Whisky-dave, May 14, 2013