    \currentversion\run\avp". When disabling Kaspersky Internet Suite 6,
    the trojan disappears, and returns at reboot, when Kaspersky runs.
    The Kaspersky suite is an evaluation, trial version.

    serracino, Jun 9, 2007

  2. serracino

    pcbutts1 Guest

    False Positive.

    pcbutts1, Jun 9, 2007

  3. serracino wrote:

    > My Xoftspy SE VERSION 4.31 is continously detecting "downloader
    > alphabet B Trojan" object in "software\microsoft\windows
    > \currentversion\run\avp". When disabling Kaspersky Internet Suite 6,
    > the trojan disappears, and returns at reboot, when Kaspersky runs.
    > The Kaspersky suite is an evaluation, trial version.

    Search this page for "Note on XoftSpy"

    Perhaps they are returning to their old tricks. Use reputable software
    instead.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 9, 2007
  4. serracino

    streaming Guest

    "serracino" <> wrote in message
    > My Xoftspy SE VERSION 4.31 is continously detecting "downloader
    > alphabet B Trojan" object in "software\microsoft\windows
    > \currentversion\run\avp". When disabling Kaspersky Internet Suite 6,
    > the trojan disappears, and returns at reboot, when Kaspersky runs.
    > The Kaspersky suite is an evaluation, trial version.

    downloader alphabet B Trojan
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_98681.htm

    It is well documented in all security notices.
    It is an established trojan evolved from that old war horse - Sub7.
    Kaspersky is a major name in security software, they did Not infect
    your computer.
    As you DL a trial version I would suspect at some point you were
    unprotected and thats when you got infected with this common
    backdoor Trojan.
    Do an free online scan:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan

    And this one is probably the best free online scanner:
    http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

    streaming, Jun 9, 2007
  5. streaming wrote:
    > "serracino" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>My Xoftspy SE VERSION 4.31 is continously detecting "downloader
    >>alphabet B Trojan" object in "software\microsoft\windows
    >>\currentversion\run\avp". When disabling Kaspersky Internet Suite 6,
    >>the trojan disappears, and returns at reboot, when Kaspersky runs.
    >>The Kaspersky suite is an evaluation, trial version.
    >>

    > downloader alphabet B Trojan
    > http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_98681.htm
    >
    > It is well documented in all security notices.
    > It is an established trojan evolved from that old war horse - Sub7.
    > Kaspersky is a major name in security software, they did Not infect
    > your computer.
    > As you DL a trial version I would suspect at some point you were
    > unprotected and thats when you got infected with this common
    > backdoor Trojan.
    > Do an free online scan:
    > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    > http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan
    >
    > And this one is probably the best free online scanner:
    > http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

    I'm a Kaspersky fan too, but they changed their online scanner to where
    it only detects viruses, it does not remove them. I know how to go in
    remove offending files but I wonder how many "average Joes" can use the
    information.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 9, 2007
  6. serracino

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 18:54:06 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >streaming wrote:

    <snip>
    >> And this one is probably the best free online scanner:
    >> http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

    >I'm a Kaspersky fan too, but they changed their online scanner to where
    >it only detects viruses, it does not remove them. I know how to go in
    >remove offending files but I wonder how many "average Joes" can use the
    >information.

    If they can't, they can always download the 30-day trial there, (full) or go get
    the free version (lite) from www.activevirusshield.com.

    --
    Naeser's Law: You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it damnfoolproof.

    Mara, Jun 10, 2007