    From: "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 10:02 PM
    Subject: Re: Munging e-mail address

    Earl Brant, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Earl Brant

    Chris Guest

    No, your OE address remains the same

    "Earl Brant" <> wrote in message
    > In reference to below my question is:
    > When I change my address in OE News accounts will that change my

    regular
    > OE e-mail address so people I normally write to (outside of News Groups)
    > will not be able to write me?
    > THANKS AGAIN!!!
    >
    > *****ORIGINAL MESSAGE***** in brackets [[[ ]]]
    > [[[Could some of you KIND folk (including MVP's) be so kind as to

    instruct,

    Chris, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Earl Brant

    Ionizer Guest

    "Earl Brant" <> wrote in message
    > In reference to below my question is:
    > When I change my address in OE News accounts will that change my

    regular
    > OE e-mail address so people I normally write to (outside of News Groups)
    > will not be able to write me?
    > THANKS AGAIN!!

    Look more closely at the recommendations you were given and you'll see that
    they apply to your "news" settings only, and not to your "mail" settings.
    As such, only the return address you use when posting to the newsgroups is
    altered.

    But be aware that it is quite possibly too late already- you have posted to
    Usenet at least twice now, using your real email address in your headers.
    Unfortunately, the spambots work very quickly and you will probably begin
    receiving spam very shortly. Still, it would be a good idea to munge your
    address or use a disposable (ie Hotmail, as I do) address before posting
    again.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Mar 5, 2004