    to the top of the next thread but to some random article.

    Any help appreciated,

    Larry

    Larry Spitz, Aug 12, 2005

  2. Larry Spitz

    Moz Champion Guest

    Larry Spitz wrote:
    > I am gradually becoming used to Thunderbird but I have two more questions:
    >
    > 1. How can I get the articles to display in threads of unread messages?
    > It seems that if I set View->Threads->Threads_with_Unread, I get all of
    > the read messages as well.
    >
    > 2. If I am in thread mode, and I press the "next" button it seems to
    > take me somewhere arbitrary, not to the next message of the thread, not
    > to the top of the next thread but to some random article.
    >
    > Any help appreciated,
    >
    > Larry

    Um, exactly what do you expect?
    When you set view to thread... you get the thread the message is in, as
    well as the unread messages.

    If all you want is the unread, then dont choose the thread, simply
    unread, i.e.
    View-->Messages-->Unread

    Threading makes the messages show up along with the other messages in
    the same 'thread' which puts the message in context.

    The NEXT button takes you to the NEXT available unread message. It
    doesnt go to the next message in the thread, if its been read previously
    for example, it takes you to the next available unread message.

    Moz Champion, Aug 12, 2005