More NAV woes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Scribner, Sep 19, 2003.

  1. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    Ok. I'm running NAV 2004 with XP Pro. I have discovered that a lot
    of my files are suddenly "corrupt and unreadable" when I try to delete
    them. I checked their attributes under "Properties", and they were
    set to "read only." And the box was gray. So I unchecked the "read
    only" box (it wasn't that gray that I couldn't uncheck the box), hit
    "apply" and tried to delete again. Same problem. So I went back to
    Properties and "read only" was checked again. I did this a few times,
    until I went to DOS. Everything in the directory had the attribute
    set to "archive." So I removed this attribute, went back to XP, and
    tried to delete the files. Same problem, although no attributes were
    checked under Properties. I went back to my beloved DOS and deleted
    the contents of the folder manually. Gone. I return back to XP and I
    tried to delete the folder. Same problem. But it gets better. I
    can't run Norton Disk Doctor because all of my hard drives are
    "locked." "The operating system, or another process, currently has
    exclusive access to this drive, or some of its files." The cherry on
    top of this is that not my Recycle Bin can find Norton's undelete file
    ud32.exe all of a sudden. Everything was fine before NAV 2004. I
    have run a complete system virus scan and it all comes up clean. I've
    checked my Processes. Everything that is running seems to be kosher.
    I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

    Scribner, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Scribner

    Paul Guest

    test

    Paul, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Scribner wrote:
    > Everything was fine before NAV 2004. I
    > have run a complete system virus scan and it all comes up clean. I've
    > checked my Processes. Everything that is running seems to be kosher.
    > I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

    Uninstall NAV, install a decent AV such as EZ Antivirus from Computer
    Associates.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 19, 2003