    $75

    GOOD EATS : 27 dvd set, 3 1/2 hr eps per dvd, $360 - on sale for $280

    -goro-
    Goro, Dec 18, 2005

  2. Goro

    Nancy Young Guest

    "Goro" <> wrote

    > FoodNetwork DVDs!
    >
    > I like GOOD EATS and BAREFOOT CONTESSA so when i found out there were
    > some dvds of their shows, I looked to see about buying them.
    >
    > BAREFOOT CONTESSSA : 6dvd set, 3 1/2 hr eps per dvd, $100 - on sale for
    > $75
    >
    > GOOD EATS : 27 dvd set, 3 1/2 hr eps per dvd, $360 - on sale for $280

    I don't know where they come up with those prices, outrageous.
    Also, I had no idea there were 81 episodes of Good Eats.

    nancy
    Nancy Young, Dec 18, 2005

  3. Goro

    SBFan2000 Guest

    History channel always shocks me. At the end of alot of their shows they
    have "The show you just watch is avaible on dvd" Sometime 21.95 sometimes
    24.95 for a one hour show! And from what I hear they have no fancy discs or
    menus, just the show on a DVD-R. If someone wanted all the shows of a
    series they would have to mogage the house, it obsurd.

    SBFan2000, Dec 18, 2005
  4. Goro

    Goro Guest

    Ditto NOVA. i LOVE Nova, but No way I'm paying $20+ for a 1hr dvd.
    Ditto COSMOS.
    Ditto CONNECTIONS.

    I understand that they are priced for educational institutions, but
    there are ALOT of people who would love to own them.

    -goro-

    Goro, Dec 18, 2005
  5. Goro

    Justin Guest

    SBFan2000 wrote on [Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:32:44 -0500]:
    > History channel always shocks me. At the end of alot of their shows they
    > have "The show you just watch is avaible on dvd" Sometime 21.95 sometimes
    > 24.95 for a one hour show! And from what I hear they have no fancy discs or
    > menus, just the show on a DVD-R. If someone wanted all the shows of a
    > series they would have to mogage the house, it obsurd.

    Almost as absurd as your abuse of the language.
    Justin, Dec 18, 2005
  6. Goro

    Rich Guest

    On 18 Dec 2005 09:56:48 -0800, "Goro" <> wrote:

    >FoodNetwork DVDs!
    >
    >I like GOOD EATS and BAREFOOT CONTESSA so when i found out there were
    >some dvds of their shows, I looked to see about buying them.
    >
    >BAREFOOT CONTESSSA : 6dvd set, 3 1/2 hr eps per dvd, $100 - on sale for
    >$75
    >
    >GOOD EATS : 27 dvd set, 3 1/2 hr eps per dvd, $360 - on sale for $280
    >
    >-goro-

    Check out what PBS has been selling their music DVDs for, around
    $100/ea! But of course this is a fund-raising thing...
    -Rich
    Rich, Dec 18, 2005
  7. Goro

    SBFan2000 Guest

    actually its my crappy keyboard! Its starting to skip while I'm typing.
    Got one on order. Perhaps you should get a clue before trying to pick a
    fight you troll.

    Plunk

    SBFan2000, Dec 18, 2005
  8. Goro

    Justinn Guest

    SBFan2000 wrote on [Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:13:21 -0500]:
    > actually its my crappy keyboard! Its starting to skip while I'm typing.
    > Got one on order. Perhaps you should get a clue before trying to pick a
    > fight you troll.
    >
    > Plunk

    Priceless.

    Plunk!
    hahaha

    Yes, blame the keyboard for words such as obsurd.

    Justinn, Dec 18, 2005
  9. Goro

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Nancy Young () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > I don't know where they come up with those prices, outrageous.
    > Also, I had no idea there were 81 episodes of Good Eats.

    There are over 140 (counting the specials).

    --
    Jeff Rife | "Five thousand dollars, huh? I'll bet we could
    Jeff Rife, Dec 19, 2005
  10. Goro

    Stan Brown Guest

    Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:03:49 -0500 from Nancy Young
    <>:

    > "Goro" <> wrote
    >
    > > FoodNetwork DVDs!
    > >
    > > I like GOOD EATS and BAREFOOT CONTESSA so when i found out there were
    > > some dvds of their shows, I looked to see about buying them.
    > >
    > > BAREFOOT CONTESSSA : 6dvd set, 3 1/2 hr eps per dvd, $100 - on sale for
    > > $75
    > >
    > > GOOD EATS : 27 dvd set, 3 1/2 hr eps per dvd, $360 - on sale for $280

    > I don't know where they come up with those prices, outrageous.
    > Also, I had no idea there were 81 episodes of Good Eats.

    They are indeed outrageous. It reminds me of the old "Peanuts"
    carton. In the first panel, someone (Linus?) has a stand with a sign
    "Lemonade $100 a glass." In the second panel someone points out that
    most people won't pay that, and in the third panel he replies "But
    think of the profit if I sell just one."

    I actually wanted to buy /Good Eats/ DVDs as gifts last Christmas,
    but the prices were _way_ too high. I think Food Network is making a
    mistake by selling only direct -- selling through distributors I'm
    sure the price would go down but the volume would go up.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Dec 19, 2005