    Richard Guest

    My D:\ (Data Drive) has 18 Gigs says My computer in Properties. Select all
    and Properties it says 9 Gigs. This is after a re-boot. Any ideas?
    Richard, Sep 26, 2007

  2. Richard

    who'sthat Guest

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:20:59 -0700, "Richard" <>
    wrote:

    >My D:\ (Data Drive) has 18 Gigs says My computer in Properties. Select all
    >and Properties it says 9 Gigs. This is after a re-boot. Any ideas?

    In 20 years I've never seen this
    who'sthat, Sep 26, 2007

  3. Richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:48:07 -0500, who'sthat <>
    wrote:

    >In 20 years I've never seen this

    He's apparently seen it twice. :)
    Evan Platt, Sep 26, 2007
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Try it on your own hard drive and you might see it for the third time.

    Richard, Sep 26, 2007
  5. Richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:10:23 -0700, "Richard" <>
    wrote:

    >Try it on your own hard drive and you might see it for the third time.

    Umm, no. Then it would be for the first time.

    Think about it.

    And I gave up after about 30 minutes of watching Windows calculate, so
    someone else with a smaller drive will have to try.

    My hard drives are all above 80 gigs. It's going to take Windows
    forever to calculate the file sizes.

    My GUESS is right click / properties gives a cached size - maybe like
    some estimate from who knows what. But obviously select all,
    properties calculates it exactly.

    Evan Platt, Sep 26, 2007
  6. Richard

    Guest

    , Sep 26, 2007
  7. Richard

    ded Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > My D:\ (Data Drive) has 18 Gigs says My computer in Properties. Select all
    > and Properties it says 9 Gigs. This is after a re-boot. Any ideas?

    OK, first question, is the "D" drive actually a partition?
    If it is a partition, was it preconfigured by the PC OEM
    and not a partition created by yourself?
    If yes to the above, I suspect your D drive/partition has
    a reset folder for reconfiguring your PC to the virgin
    condition it was on the day you took delivery of it.
    ded, Sep 27, 2007