    Canon has to offer. I was surprised to hear they would release other models
    so soon after the D10 came out in March.

    Thanks

    L. C., Jul 16, 2003

  2. L. C.

    Alan F Cross Guest

    In message <>, L. C.
    <> writes
    >Hi,
    > Does anyone know if Canon has plans to bring out more D-SLR's (other
    >than the D10) in Sept or Oct of 2003? I had heard this rumour from someone
    >looking to purchase a D10, but who has decided to wait to see what else
    >Canon has to offer. I was surprised to hear they would release other models
    >so soon after the D10 came out in March.
    >
    >Thanks

    I don't think Canon have any reason to 'obsolete' the 10D for a while.
    It's still selling as fast as they can make them, and is still the best
    thing around, by far, for the price.

    They may, however, be considering a journalists' pro camera, like Nikon
    have just announced - less pixels but rugged and fast.

    It's very easy for one man's speculation to become the second man's
    rumour, and the third man's fact!
    --
    Alan F Cross

    Alan F Cross, Jul 16, 2003

  3. L. C.

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <VVJ$1vDwLXF$Ew$>,
    says...
    > They may, however, be considering a journalists' pro camera, like Nikon
    > have just announced - less pixels but rugged and fast.

    What Nikon are you referring to that they have "just announced?" The
    only one I can think of that you are referring to is the D1H and it has
    been out for over a year. The Canon equivalent is the 1D, although it
    has more resolution than the Nikon (4mp vs. 2.7.)

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Jul 16, 2003
  4. L. C.

    Jim Townsend Guest

    L. C. wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Does anyone know if Canon has plans to bring out more D-SLR's (other
    > than the D10) in Sept or Oct of 2003? I had heard this rumour from someone
    > looking to purchase a D10, but who has decided to wait to see what else
    > Canon has to offer. I was surprised to hear they would release other models
    > so soon after the D10 came out in March.

    Canon will most definitely be marketing newer and better DSLR's perhaps not in
    the fall, but they are inevitable. As far as an early replacement.. The D60
    hardly got its feet wet before the 10D was released... I guess it could happen
    to the 10D as well. Whatever makes money for Canon :)

    Tell your friend NOT to purchase the 10D replacement..

    Word on the street is that whatever replaces the 10D will be replaced itself in
    another year or so. If your friend waits and goes without a DSLR for at least
    five years, he'll be able to get twice the camera at probably half the price.
    If he can wait for 10 years, he'll be better off yet :)

    Jim Townsend, Jul 16, 2003
  5. L. C.

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "L. C."

    > Does anyone know if Canon has plans to bring out more D-SLR's (other
    >than the D10) in Sept or Oct of 2003?

    The (unsubstantiated) rumour is that Canon might bring out a new dSLR based on
    the EOS 3 body, which would place it somewhere between the 10D (Elan body) and
    the 1DS (1V body). Hopefully with 8-11 Mpixels, 1.0 - 1.3 multiplier effect,
    spot metering, f/8 autofocus and other EOS 3 features (all of this is wishful
    thinking at this point, but what a lot of people would LIKE to see :).

    So it would compete more with the 1D than with the 10D in feature set and,
    probably, price.

    The same camera was supposedly going to be announced at PMA last February but
    of course it wasn't and the 10D was intro'ed then instead, so we don't really
    know. But it fills a hole in the Canon line so it makes sense.

    >I had heard this rumour from someone
    >looking to purchase a D10, but who has decided to wait to see what else
    >Canon has to offer. I was surprised to hear they would release other models
    >so soon after the D10 came out in March.

    If it's like I described above it will likely be twice as expensive as the 10D
    (based on the relative pricing of the EOS 3 body vs the Elan body) and compete
    in a different market segment.

    But we'll have to wait and see (grin).

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Jul 16, 2003
  6. L. C.

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Here is a source in english on the subject. The "rumour" is from the
    French mag Chasser d'images which tends to be fiarly reliable, unlike the
    equivalent German magazine.
    http://www.dcviews.com/press/Nikon-D2H.htm

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 16, 2003
  7. L. C.

    Tim Guest

    That's the reason why to never buy a PC! Its only now the extra power is
    starting to get less meaningful - 20 years on!!!

    ---
    This mail message was virus scanned.
    No virus was found but no guarantees are offered!

    Tim, Jul 16, 2003