MORE BULL%$!: Cannot Download trial or buy MS Office 2010!!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ChrisCoaster, Jul 10, 2011.

  1. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    ChrisCoaster, Jul 10, 2011

  2. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    Re: MORE BULL%$!: Cannot Download trial or buy MS Office 2010!!

    On Jul 10, 4:17 am, Robert Baer <> wrote:
    > ChrisCoaster wrote:
    > > On  http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/?CTT=3 I clicked both try
    > > or buy and nothing happened!

    > > -CC

    >    You were not using THEIR browser..

    __________________
    Uhh exkyooz me - IE9!

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Jul 10, 2011

  3. ChrisCoaster

    On Jul 10, 2:39 pm, Robert Baer <> wrote:
    > ChrisCoaster wrote:
    > >>    You were not using THEIR browser..

    > > __________________
    > > Uhh exkyooz me - IE9!

    > > -CC

    >    OK; it was worth mentioning, as i ran into that implemented stupidity
    > with hotmail (barfs in weird way if one does not use IE).

    ___________________
    Specifically what happens is that on that page, I click either "try"
    or "purchase" and nothing happens. Nothing! It just says "opening
    msoffice//....blahh blahh" but hangs there. So I just close up the
    browser.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Jul 10, 2011
  4. Robert Baer banged his head on his keyboard to write :
    > ChrisCoaster wrote:
    >> On http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/?CTT=3 I clicked both try
    >> or buy and nothing happened!
    >>
    >> -CC

    > You were not using THEIR browser..

    I hope this doesn't come across rude, but I feel it's worth mentioning.
    Why are you trying to download another major MS product (or any manuf.
    for that matter) before resolving the numerous issues at hand? It just
    seems the best way to diagnose and correct your problems would be to
    tackle them one at a time rather than adding more ingredients to the
    soup.

    Considering all the different issues, it sure feels like you're having
    major driver conflicts and at this point it's hard to pin down which
    ones. Is this the 64-bit version?

    Have you verified the HDD is in good working order? At the very least,
    run whatever Vista's version of a ScanDisk.
    You can use the portable version of Crystal Disk Mark to test your HDD,
    also:

    http://www.freewarefiles.com/CrystalDiskMark-Portable_program_56391.html

    If so, you might not want to rule out another clean wipe and reinstall
    of the OS updating the drivers one by one and testing each as you go.
    VERY time consuming, but might be what it takes. Of course, we all
    want to avoid going that route if we can.

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim

    "Facts are the enemy of truth."
    - Don Quixote - "Man of La Mancha"

    James D Andrews, Jul 10, 2011
  5. Re: MORE BULL%$!: Cannot Download trial or buy MS Office 2010!!

    ChrisCoaster embroidered on the monitor :
    > On Jul 10, 2:39 pm, Robert Baer <> wrote:
    >> ChrisCoaster wrote:
    >>> __________________
    >>> Uhh exkyooz me - IE9!

    >>> -CC

    >>    OK; it was worth mentioning, as i ran into that implemented stupidity
    >> with hotmail (barfs in weird way if one does not use IE).

    > ___________________
    > Specifically what happens is that on that page, I click either "try"
    > or "purchase" and nothing happens. Nothing! It just says "opening
    > msoffice//....blahh blahh" but hangs there. So I just close up the
    > browser.
    >
    > -CC

    Maybe your computer is trying to warn you about Office 2010? :)

    Seriously, though, try another browser to see if that works. You don't
    have to keep using the browser if you don't want, just test another one
    for that particular function. Doesn't have to be one of the big ones,
    either.

    Try this one out. It's really small, covers all MS OS's, and is farely
    well rated:
    http://www.freewarefiles.com/GreenBrowser_program_18902.html

    -and if you do, let me know how good it is.

    That one freeware site alone lists 275 different browsers or
    browser-related programs, so it should be easy enough to find one you
    like for testing purposes.

    You can always use Firefox, Opera, etc. for the test if you'd like,
    too.

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim

    "Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes."
    - Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

    James D Andrews, Jul 10, 2011
  6. James D Andrews, Jul 11, 2011
  7. ChrisCoaster

    On Jul 11, 4:13 pm, James D Andrews <> wrote:
    > ChrisCoaster embroidered on the monitor :
    >
    > > On  http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/?CTT=3 I clicked both try
    > > or buy and nothing happened!

    > > -CC

    > This might help as you deal with your computer problems.
    >
    > http://www.freewarefiles.com/Stress-Relief_program_15886.html
    >
    > --
    > -There are some who call me...
    > Jim
    >
    > "Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes."
    > - Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

    __________________
    fugghedaboudit Jim - I broke down and bought 2010 at my local
    staples. Next time I buy a frickin' tower I'll remember to take along
    the installation DVDs for anything the shop installed for me.

    LOL

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Jul 12, 2011
  8. Re: MORE BULL%$!: Cannot Download trial or buy MS Office 2010!!

    ChrisCoaster embroidered on the monitor :
    > On Jul 11, 4:13 pm, James D Andrews <> wrote:
    >> ChrisCoaster embroidered on the monitor :
    >>
    >>> On  http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/?CTT=3 I clicked both try
    >>> or buy and nothing happened!

    >>> -CC

    >> This might help as you deal with your computer problems.
    >>
    >> http://www.freewarefiles.com/Stress-Relief_program_15886.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> -There are some who call me...
    >> Jim
    >>
    >> "Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes."
    >> - Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

    > __________________
    > fugghedaboudit Jim - I broke down and bought 2010 at my local
    > staples. Next time I buy a frickin' tower I'll remember to take along
    > the installation DVDs for anything the shop installed for me.
    >
    > LOL
    >
    > -CC

    Good idea. If it weren't for OS and some software bundles with new PCs
    that might attract you, I'd suggest just building your own. It turned
    out to be easier than I thought. Actually, it turned out to be easier
    than buying one, at least for me.

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim

    It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road,
    and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be
    swept off to.
    -Samwise Gamgee quoting Bilbo Baggins, edited

    James D Andrews, Jul 12, 2011