More Brooklyn Camera Dealer Store Front Pictures (and story!)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Don Wiss, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. Don Wiss

    Don Wiss Guest

    I went out for a bike ride today to get one more picture. Plus I have some
    from Sept. 29th that I hadn't yet put up. And I see I missed one, so I'll
    post again with it when I get it.

    I didn't rush in putting up the Sept. 29th ones as I had an encounter. This
    time I was on my way home. I hadn't taken any pictures in a while. I pull
    over to look at one I already have, and a fellow in a car calls out. I turn
    and he takes my picture and he says he doesn't want his store front on the
    web. I stay stopped. He turns around and stops across the street (Coney
    Island Avenue). He yells across saying he will sue me if I put a picture of
    his store on the web. He yells it several times to be sure I heard him. I
    yell back I don't know what store his is. Anyway, all pictures are up and I
    will be sure to let you know if someone sues me.

    This is the only place I plan to post this announcement. People are
    encouraged to repost this into any other appropriate forum.

    As always, any tips or additions would be much appreciated.

    This gets to the index of the entire album:
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

    My index has the pictures in alphabetical order by business name, with the
    new ones merged in. So below I will list the new ones:

    Avalon Gadgets, Main Brooklyn Location
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0096.htm

    Avalon Gadgets, Alternate Brooklyn Location
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0097.htm

    Butterflyphoto.com (Outside Picture)
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0098.htm

    Buyrite, d.b.a. buyritedigital.com (just newer picture)
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0099.htm

    Digital Depot Inc., d.b.a. eplusshopper.com
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0100.htm

    Radio Active, d.b.a USAphotonation.com and radioactivedeals.com
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0101.htm

    Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

    Don Wiss, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Don Wiss

    Jer Guest

    Don Wiss wrote:

    > I went out for a bike ride today to get one more picture. Plus I have some
    > from Sept. 29th that I hadn't yet put up. And I see I missed one, so I'll
    > post again with it when I get it.
    >
    > I didn't rush in putting up the Sept. 29th ones as I had an encounter. This
    > time I was on my way home. I hadn't taken any pictures in a while. I pull
    > over to look at one I already have, and a fellow in a car calls out. I turn
    > and he takes my picture and he says he doesn't want his store front on the
    > web. I stay stopped. He turns around and stops across the street (Coney
    > Island Avenue). He yells across saying he will sue me if I put a picture of
    > his store on the web. He yells it several times to be sure I heard him. I
    > yell back I don't know what store his is. Anyway, all pictures are up and I
    > will be sure to let you know if someone sues me.

    Back in my days of shooting street hookers (so they'd have as much
    advertising as they could ever want), and considering the old adage of
    the guilty dog barking first, I can't think of a faster way for a
    picture of that bitch to show up on the internet, along with another
    picture of my upraised middle finger(s).

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Dec 13, 2004

  3. "Don Wiss" <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote in message
    >I went out for a bike ride today to get one more picture. Plus I have some
    > from Sept. 29th that I hadn't yet put up. And I see I missed one, so I'll
    > post again with it when I get it.
    >
    > I didn't rush in putting up the Sept. 29th ones as I had an encounter.
    > This
    > time I was on my way home. I hadn't taken any pictures in a while. I pull
    > over to look at one I already have, and a fellow in a car calls out. I
    > turn
    > and he takes my picture and he says he doesn't want his store front on the
    > web. I stay stopped. He turns around and stops across the street (Coney
    > Island Avenue). He yells across saying he will sue me if I put a picture
    > of
    > his store on the web. He yells it several times to be sure I heard him. I
    > yell back I don't know what store his is. Anyway, all pictures are up and
    > will be sure to let you know if someone sues me.
    >
    > This is the only place I plan to post this announcement. People are
    > encouraged to repost this into any other appropriate forum.
    >
    > As always, any tips or additions would be much appreciated.
    >
    > This gets to the index of the entire album:
    > http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/
    >
    > My index has the pictures in alphabetical order by business name, with the
    > new ones merged in. So below I will list the new ones:
    >
    > Avalon Gadgets, Main Brooklyn Location
    > http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0096.htm
    >
    > Avalon Gadgets, Alternate Brooklyn Location
    > http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0097.htm
    >
    > Butterflyphoto.com (Outside Picture)
    > http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0098.htm
    >
    > Buyrite, d.b.a. buyritedigital.com (just newer picture)
    > http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0099.htm
    >
    > Digital Depot Inc., d.b.a. eplusshopper.com
    > http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0100.htm
    >
    > Radio Active, d.b.a USAphotonation.com and radioactivedeals.com
    > http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0101.htm
    >
    > Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

    Don, I have enjoyed your website for years and have linked it many times.
    Several times a week, someone posts on DPR wanting to know why A&M Photo is
    so much cheaper than B&H.

    Also, in case you haven't seen it, look at
    http://www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons/lesson08/camera_2.html , which
    nicely summarizes the concept behind these Brooklyn photo stores, and links
    your web site.

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Dec 13, 2004