more 7 issues

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jason, Nov 13, 2010.

  1. Jason

    Jason Guest

    when i run choice i get a message saying to get compatible program. So I
    tried kixtart but when i try to run a command it opens a cmd window
    without running the command. the start command does this too. What can i
    use to replace these?
    Jason, Nov 13, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Jason

    Carlos Guest

    Jason,
    I am not sure if I understand your post correctly, but wouldn't
    Windows 7 Powershell fit you?
    Carlos
    On 13 nov, 01:18, Jason <> wrote:
    > when i run choice i get a message saying to get compatible program. So I
    > tried kixtart but when i try to run a command it opens a cmd window
    > without running the command. the start command does this too. What can i
    > use to replace these?
    Carlos, Nov 13, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Jason

    Jason Guest

    thanks,
    i've edited the bat file to support the format but when I try to run the
    bat file i get the termws.bat is not recognised as the name of cndlet.

    On 14/11/2010 05:21, Carlos wrote:
    > Jason,
    > I am not sure if I understand your post correctly, but wouldn't
    > Windows 7 Powershell fit you?
    > Carlos
    > On 13 nov, 01:18, Jason<> wrote:
    >> when i run choice i get a message saying to get compatible program. So I
    >> tried kixtart but when i try to run a command it opens a cmd window
    >> without running the command. the start command does this too. What can i
    >> use to replace these?

    >
    Jason, Nov 14, 2010
    #3
  4. Jason

    Jason Guest

    i had to edit the line because the format is different and I had to add
    ".\ to the filename.
    On 14/11/2010 14:20, Jason wrote:
    > thanks,
    > i've edited the bat file to support the format but when I try to run the
    > bat file i get the termws.bat is not recognised as the name of cndlet.
    >
    > On 14/11/2010 05:21, Carlos wrote:
    >> Jason,
    >> I am not sure if I understand your post correctly, but wouldn't
    >> Windows 7 Powershell fit you?
    >> Carlos
    >> On 13 nov, 01:18, Jason<> wrote:
    >>> when i run choice i get a message saying to get compatible program. So I
    >>> tried kixtart but when i try to run a command it opens a cmd window
    >>> without running the command. the start command does this too. What can i
    >>> use to replace these?

    >>

    >
    Jason, Nov 14, 2010
    #4
  5. Jason

    Carlos Guest

    Jason,
    Is it working now?
    Carlos
    On 13 nov, 22:30, Jason <> wrote:
    > i had to edit the line because the format is different and I had to add
    > ".\ to the filename.
    > On 14/11/2010 14:20, Jason wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > thanks,
    > > i've edited the bat file to support the format but when I try to run the
    > > bat file i get the termws.bat is not recognised as the name of cndlet.

    >
    > > On 14/11/2010 05:21, Carlos wrote:
    > >> Jason,
    > >> I am not sure if I understand your post correctly, but wouldn't
    > >> Windows 7 Powershell fit you?
    > >> Carlos
    > >> On 13 nov, 01:18, Jason<> wrote:
    > >>> when i run choice i get a message saying to get compatible program. So I
    > >>> tried kixtart but when i try to run a command it opens a cmd window
    > >>> without running the command. the start command does this too. What can i
    > >>> use to replace these?- Ocultar texto de la cita -

    >
    > - Mostrar texto de la cita -
    Carlos, Nov 14, 2010
    #5
  6. Windows PowerShell does not include the current directory in the execution
    path. This is by design, and for the same reasons that UNIX and Linux
    don't-- there is the potential for a security issue. Therefore, if you need
    to execute a program that isn't on your normal PATH ($env:path in PowerShell
    speak), you have to expicitly include the current directory by preceeding
    the program name with the path to it. Hence the need for ".\" before it.

    If all you are trying to do is run a batch file (.BAT), you might find it
    simpler and easier to simply open a command window (CMD.EXE) and run the
    batch file from there. Of course, Windows PowerShell gives you far more
    capabilities and is clearly the future of Windows command line and
    scripting, so you may well prefer to expend the extra effort to start
    getting comfortable in it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/Russel


    "Jason" <> wrote in message
    news:ibne44$9qq$...
    >i had to edit the line because the format is different and I had to add ".\
    >to the filename.
    > On 14/11/2010 14:20, Jason wrote:
    >> thanks,
    >> i've edited the bat file to support the format but when I try to run the
    >> bat file i get the termws.bat is not recognised as the name of cndlet.
    >>
    >> On 14/11/2010 05:21, Carlos wrote:
    >>> Jason,
    >>> I am not sure if I understand your post correctly, but wouldn't
    >>> Windows 7 Powershell fit you?
    >>> Carlos
    >>> On 13 nov, 01:18, Jason<> wrote:
    >>>> when i run choice i get a message saying to get compatible program. So
    >>>> I
    >>>> tried kixtart but when i try to run a command it opens a cmd window
    >>>> without running the command. the start command does this too. What can
    >>>> i
    >>>> use to replace these?
    >>>

    >>

    >
    Charlie Russel-MVP, Nov 14, 2010
    #6
  7. Jason

    Jason Guest

    cmd doesn't work - i get error saying i need a compatible program. Plus
    if i was to open cmd first i would do the process manually.
    On 15/11/2010 04:12, Charlie Russel-MVP wrote:
    > Windows PowerShell does not include the current directory in the
    > execution path. This is by design, and for the same reasons that UNIX
    > and Linux don't-- there is the potential for a security issue.
    > Therefore, if you need to execute a program that isn't on your normal
    > PATH ($env:path in PowerShell speak), you have to expicitly include the
    > current directory by preceeding the program name with the path to it.
    > Hence the need for ".\" before it.
    >
    > If all you are trying to do is run a batch file (.BAT), you might find
    > it simpler and easier to simply open a command window (CMD.EXE) and run
    > the batch file from there. Of course, Windows PowerShell gives you far
    > more capabilities and is clearly the future of Windows command line and
    > scripting, so you may well prefer to expend the extra effort to start
    > getting comfortable in it.
    >
    Jason, Nov 16, 2010
    #7
  8. Jason

    Jason Guest

    yes
    On 15/11/2010 02:19, Carlos wrote:
    > Jason,
    > Is it working now?
    > Carlos
    > On 13 nov, 22:30, Jason<> wrote:
    >> i had to edit the line because the format is different and I had to add
    >> ".\ to the filename.
    >> On 14/11/2010 14:20, Jason wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> thanks,DEL Lines
    Jason, Nov 16, 2010
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    SNMP Issues in Cisco Routers; Vulnerability Issues in TCP

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 21, 2004, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    807
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=
    Apr 21, 2004
  2. pcbutts1
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    601
    pcbutts1
    Jul 6, 2005
  3. pcbutts1
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    781
    pcbutts1
    Jul 6, 2005
  4. Howie
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    567
    Howie
    Jul 6, 2005
  5. Howie
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    4,890
    pcbutts1
    Jul 12, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page