More 3102 questions!

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Oldie, Oct 14, 2006.

  1. Oldie

    Oldie Guest

    My SPA-3102 is running well so far for outbound and inbound calls, and
    has even passed the WAF! I've set up dialplans so that 1471, 1571, 999
    etc. dial out through gw0 (BT). One thing that has me stumped though is
    call diversion.

    I generally divert my PSTN line to my mobile using *21*mobileno#.
    However if I put this into my dialplan it won't work. I have #0 set up
    to give me a PSTN dial tone, but even when I dial this I can't then
    send the diversion string.

    So I tried to use a speed dial to send the string, then I found out
    that I couldn't get any of my speed dials to do anything at all! In
    fact, I don't really understand the differences between the speed dials
    on the User 1 tab and the PSTN User tabs. Can anyone explain this to me
    in simple terms?

    I have Line 1 set up as Voxalot so that I can receive incoming calls on
    all my VoIP providers. Could this be causing me problems in sending *
    and # codes?

    I know that I can work around the diversion problem by plugging a phone
    directly into the BT line, but I really would like a more elegant
    solution if anyone has any ideas.

    Oldie

    Oldie, Oct 14, 2006

  2. Oldie

    speckled hen Guest

    Oldie wrote:
    > My SPA-3102 is running well so far for outbound and inbound calls, and
    > has even passed the WAF! I've set up dialplans so that 1471, 1571, 999
    > etc. dial out through gw0 (BT). One thing that has me stumped though is
    > call diversion.
    >
    > I generally divert my PSTN line to my mobile using *21*mobileno#.
    > However if I put this into my dialplan it won't work. I have #0 set up
    > to give me a PSTN dial tone, but even when I dial this I can't then
    > send the diversion string.
    >
    > So I tried to use a speed dial to send the string, then I found out
    > that I couldn't get any of my speed dials to do anything at all! In
    > fact, I don't really understand the differences between the speed dials
    > on the User 1 tab and the PSTN User tabs. Can anyone explain this to me
    > in simple terms?
    >
    > I have Line 1 set up as Voxalot so that I can receive incoming calls on
    > all my VoIP providers. Could this be causing me problems in sending *
    > and # codes?
    >
    > I know that I can work around the diversion problem by plugging a phone
    > directly into the BT line, but I really would like a more elegant
    > solution if anyone has any ideas.
    >
    > Oldie

    Do you know if the dial plan is the same as a spa2102 (Im sure it is)
    if so where did you get it from as I am just setting up my 2102 with a
    netgear router.

    Thanks

    speckled hen, Oct 17, 2006

  3. Oldie

    speckled hen Guest

    speckled hen, Oct 17, 2006
  4. Oldie

    Oldie Guest

    speckled hen wrote:

    (snipped)

    > Do you know if the dial plan is the same as a spa2102 (Im sure it is)
    > if so where did you get it from as I am just setting up my 2102 with a
    > netgear router.

    I don't know anything about the SPA 2102 but if it is a later version
    of the PAP2 (which I have) there are major differences in the dialplan.
    Mainly because you set up < 4 providers on the 3102 and specify which
    one to use in your dialplan. I imagine that the 2102 allows for two
    providers, one for each port and you are limited to making & receiving
    calls only through the provider to which your telephone is connected.

    Maybe someone can correct me here if my assumption is wrong and I'm
    talking rubbish.

    Oldie

    Oldie, Oct 19, 2006
  5. Oldie

    Jono Guest

    Oldie explained on 19/10/2006 :
    > speckled hen wrote:
    >
    > (snipped)
    >
    >> Do you know if the dial plan is the same as a spa2102 (Im sure it is)
    >> if so where did you get it from as I am just setting up my 2102 with a
    >> netgear router.

    > I don't know anything about the SPA 2102 but if it is a later version
    > of the PAP2 (which I have) there are major differences in the dialplan.
    > Mainly because you set up < 4 providers on the 3102 and specify which
    > one to use in your dialplan. I imagine that the 2102 allows for two
    > providers, one for each port and you are limited to making & receiving
    > calls only through the provider to which your telephone is connected.
    >
    > Maybe someone can correct me here if my assumption is wrong and I'm
    > talking rubbish.

    You're not talking rubbish. You're spot on, except using something like
    voxalot would allow more than one per port.

    Jono, Oct 19, 2006
  6. Oldie

    Brian A Guest

    On 14 Oct 2006 13:45:26 -0700, "Oldie" <>
    wrote:

    >My SPA-3102 is running well so far for outbound and inbound calls, and
    >has even passed the WAF! I've set up dialplans so that 1471, 1571, 999
    >etc. dial out through gw0 (BT). One thing that has me stumped though is
    >call diversion.
    >
    >I generally divert my PSTN line to my mobile using *21*mobileno#.
    >However if I put this into my dialplan it won't work. I have #0 set up
    >to give me a PSTN dial tone, but even when I dial this I can't then
    >send the diversion string.

    It would have been useful if you had posted your dial plan.
    I have an SPA-3000 - so I assume it is going to be a similar set up.
    I confess to never having tried PSTN access because I don't have a
    PSTN line. So I am going to guess this.
    I would set up a code specially for the divert. You must include the
    * in your plan. This is where I guess you have gone wrong.
    .. Lets say you use #5 as your divert access code.
    You would need to do this:-
    <#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx <:mad:gw0>

    I have never included a # in a dialling sequence that was transmitted
    so can't speak with any surity but you might have to follow the
    xxxxxxxxx with a #. Thus making
    <#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx# <:mad:gw0>

    Alternatively you might simply try
    <#50:*21*0>7xx.<:mad:gw0>

    To divert a call you'd dial #5 followed by the full mobile number.

    I feel sure that one or more of these will work.
    Please post to let us all know how you went on.

    >So I tried to use a speed dial to send the string, then I found out
    >that I couldn't get any of my speed dials to do anything at all! In
    >fact, I don't really understand the differences between the speed dials
    >on the User 1 tab and the PSTN User tabs. Can anyone explain this to me
    >in simple terms?

    If you puit a simple speed dial number in it will use the default VSP.
    You can however, add a gateway. For example:
    01274723456@gw3

    >I have Line 1 set up as Voxalot so that I can receive incoming calls on
    >all my VoIP providers. Could this be causing me problems in sending *
    >and # codes?

    In short no. I can't see any reason for that to be the case.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Skype Free Zone!!

    Brian A, Oct 19, 2006
  7. Oldie

    Oldie Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Oldie explained on 19/10/2006 :
    > > speckled hen wrote:
    > >
    > > (snipped)
    > >
    > >> Do you know if the dial plan is the same as a spa2102 (Im sure it is)
    > >> if so where did you get it from as I am just setting up my 2102 with a
    > >> netgear router.

    > > I don't know anything about the SPA 2102 but if it is a later version
    > > of the PAP2 (which I have) there are major differences in the dialplan.
    > > Mainly because you set up < 4 providers on the 3102 and specify which
    > > one to use in your dialplan. I imagine that the 2102 allows for two
    > > providers, one for each port and you are limited to making & receiving
    > > calls only through the provider to which your telephone is connected.
    > >
    > > Maybe someone can correct me here if my assumption is wrong and I'm
    > > talking rubbish.
    > >

    > You're not talking rubbish. You're spot on, except using something like
    > voxalot would allow more than one per port.

    That's exactly how I used to do it with my PAP2.

    Oldie

    Oldie, Oct 19, 2006
  8. Oldie

    Oldie Guest

    Brian A wrote:

    (snipped)

    > I would set up a code specially for the divert. You must include the
    > * in your plan. This is where I guess you have gone wrong.
    > . Lets say you use #5 as your divert access code.
    > You would need to do this:-
    > <#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx <:mad:gw0>
    >
    > I have never included a # in a dialling sequence that was transmitted
    > so can't speak with any surity but you might have to follow the
    > xxxxxxxxx with a #. Thus making
    > <#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx# <:mad:gw0>
    >
    > Alternatively you might simply try
    > <#50:*21*0>7xx.<:mad:gw0>
    >
    > To divert a call you'd dial #5 followed by the full mobile number.
    >
    > I feel sure that one or more of these will work.
    > Please post to let us all know how you went on.

    Sorry to say Brian, that none of the above did work! However all is not
    lost from my point of view, because I have managed to get the 3102 to
    divert incoming PSTN calls itself. I have set up a Cfwd Sel1 Caller
    under the PSTN User tab, with 0* in the caller field and
    destinationnumber@gw2 in the Destination field.

    The advantages:
    1). Cheaper diverted calls than BT can give me.
    2). I could (if I wanted) set up selected diversions for individual
    callers - sending them to voicemail or elsewhere.
    The disavantages:
    1). I see only the CLI of the gateway trunk and not the caller's CLI.
    2). I can only toggle it from the web interface and not the telephone
    set.

    Oldie

    Oldie, Oct 20, 2006
  9. Oldie

    Jono Guest

    Oldie expressed precisely :
    > Brian A wrote:
    >
    > (snipped)
    >
    >> I would set up a code specially for the divert. You must include the
    >> * in your plan. This is where I guess you have gone wrong.
    >> . Lets say you use #5 as your divert access code.
    >> You would need to do this:-
    >> <#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx <:mad:gw0>
    >>
    >> I have never included a # in a dialling sequence that was transmitted
    >> so can't speak with any surity but you might have to follow the
    >> xxxxxxxxx with a #. Thus making
    >> <#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx# <:mad:gw0>
    >>
    >> Alternatively you might simply try
    >> <#50:*21*0>7xx.<:mad:gw0>
    >>
    >> To divert a call you'd dial #5 followed by the full mobile number.
    >>
    >> I feel sure that one or more of these will work.
    >> Please post to let us all know how you went on.

    > Sorry to say Brian, that none of the above did work! However all is not
    > lost from my point of view, because I have managed to get the 3102 to
    > divert incoming PSTN calls itself. I have set up a Cfwd Sel1 Caller
    > under the PSTN User tab, with 0* in the caller field and
    > destinationnumber@gw2 in the Destination field.
    >
    > The advantages:
    > 1). Cheaper diverted calls than BT can give me.
    > 2). I could (if I wanted) set up selected diversions for individual
    > callers - sending them to voicemail or elsewhere.
    > The disavantages:
    > 1). I see only the CLI of the gateway trunk and not the caller's CLI.
    > 2). I can only toggle it from the web interface and not the telephone
    > set.
    >
    > Oldie

    When I set up a forward using the SPA3000, forwarding incoming PSTN
    calls via Sipgate, to another Sipgate number, the original caller's CLI
    is delivered intact.

    Jono, Oct 26, 2006