Moore fans won't like this....

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by rander3127, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. rander3127

    rander3127 Guest

    If you want to catch Moore, maybe you'll run into him at your local
    buffet??

    NEW YORK (AP) - The cable pay-per-view company iN DEMAND has backed
    away
    from a plan to show a three-hour election eve special with filmmaker
    Michael Moore that included the first television showing of his
    documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11."

    The company said Friday it would not air "The Michael Moore
    Pre-Election
    Special" due to "legitimate business and legal concerns." A spokesman
    would not elaborate.

    Moore has just released his movie on DVD and was seeking a TV outlet
    for
    the film, which sharply criticizes President Bush, as close to the
    election as possible.

    Earlier this week, trade publications said Moore was close to a deal
    with
    iN DEMAND for the special, which would also include interviews with
    politically-active celebrities and admonitions to vote. The Nov. 1
    special was to be available for $9.95.

    Moore was not immediately available for comment, a spokeswoman said.

    The New York-based iN DEMAND, owned by the Time Warner, Cox and
    Comcast
    cable companies, makes pay-per-view programming available in 28
    million
    homes, or about one-quarter of the nation's homes with television.

    In a statement, iNDEMAND said "we regret that our decision has led
    Michael Moore to consider legal action against us," which it said
    would
    be "entirely baseless and groundless." The company did not say what
    legal
    action Moore was considering.

    This spring, Moore did battle with the Walt Disney Co., which refused
    release "Fahrenheit 9/11" through its Miramax Films because it was too
    politically partisan for the company's taste.

    After that fight became public, Moore found other distributors. The
    movie, which attacks Bush's handling of the war on terrorists and war
    in
    Iraq and the Bush family's ties to Saudi royalty, earned more than
    $100
    million at the box office.

    In an interview with a Maine television station that aired this week,
    former President George H.W. Bush called Moore a "slimeball" and an
    expletive.

    rander3127, Oct 16, 2004

  2. rander3127

    Noah Jonze Guest

    "rander3127" <> wrote in message
    > If you want to catch Moore, maybe you'll run into him at your local
    > buffet??

    Bwaahahahaha! You should be on SNL! Too, too funny! Jimmy Fallon gots
    nuttin' on you.

    > NEW YORK (AP) - The cable pay-per-view company iN DEMAND has backed
    > away
    > from a plan to show a three-hour election eve special with filmmaker
    > Michael Moore that included the first television showing of his
    > documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11."
    >
    > The company said Friday it would not air "The Michael Moore
    > Pre-Election
    > Special" due to "legitimate business and legal concerns." A spokesman
    > would not elaborate.

    So Moore was on The Tonight Show last night and told Leno he had a signed
    contract with InDemand and that they got presured from Republicans and
    backed away.

    Moore also offered SINclair Broadcast Group "Fahrenheit 9/11" free of charge
    if they will show it on the 62 television stations (which reach 25% of the
    nation including key swing states) the company is forcing to show the
    anti-Kerry smearjob made by the Swift Boat loonies. Like FOX News, SINclair
    claim to be unbiased though they clearly have a right-wing agenda. No word
    yet from SINclair on Moore's offer to show one of the biggest hit films of
    the year for FREE on their over the air broacast stations, so they can be
    "fair and balanced."

    Noah Jonze, Oct 17, 2004

  3. rander3127

    TonyAtRest Guest

    Considering the other side is allowed to run their lie-filled propaganda
    Moore's film that is filled with truth should be allowed to run on one of the
    major networks.

    tony

    "I'm living in this movie, but it doesn't move me...."

    Buzzcocks, 1976

    TonyAtRest, Oct 29, 2004
  4. rander3127

    Richard C. Guest

    "TonyAtRest" <> wrote in message

    > Moore's film that is filled with truth

    =====================
    ROTFLMAO!

    sure it is.....................

    =

    Richard C., Oct 29, 2004
  5. >ROTFLMAO!

    >sure it is.....................

    so all that footage of Bush making an ass out of himself was digitized, right?
    And so were all those testimonials denouncing this ridiculous war? Get real.

    Vlvetmorning98, Oct 30, 2004
  6. rander3127

    Richard C. Guest

    "Vlvetmorning98" <> wrote in message
    > >ROTFLMAO!

    > so all that footage of Bush making an ass out of himself was digitized,
    > right?
    > And so were all those testimonials denouncing this ridiculous war? Get
    > real.

    Any word when that pathetic Michale Moore is leaving the country?

    Richard C., Nov 4, 2004