    from Lions Gate? And if so, will the extras from the Anchor Bay pilot
    DVD will be included (ie. commentary with Glen Gordon Caron and Bruce
    Willis, screen test etc.) thanks.
    reidca, Mar 6, 2005

  2. reidca

    jayembee Guest

    "reidca" <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know if the pilot is included in the Season 1/2 set coming
    > from Lions Gate?

    Yes, it is. Announcements that I've read don't *specifically* mention
    that the pilot is included, but say that there are "25 hours worth of
    episodes". Without the Pilot, there are only 23 hour-long episodes in
    the first two seasons.

    > And if so, will the extras from the Anchor Bay pilot DVD will be included
    > (ie. commentary with Glen Gordon Caron and Bruce Willis, screen test etc.) thanks.

    That, I don't know. There will be commentaries in the set by Caron
    and Willis (and Shepherd as well), but whether that includes the
    previous Pilot commentary is unknown.

    And by the by, reports are that there will be *NO* music alterations
    or substitutions. Caron has reportedly said that if the episodes
    weren't presented as originally aired, he wouldn't be interested in
    releasing them on DVD. That, apparently, was what ultimately killed
    Anchor Bay's plans to release the entire series.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Mar 7, 2005

  3. reidca

    reidca Guest

    jayembee wrote:
    > "reidca" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know if the pilot is included in the Season 1/2 set

    coming
    > > from Lions Gate?

    > Yes, it is. Announcements that I've read don't *specifically* mention
    > that the pilot is included, but say that there are "25 hours worth of
    > episodes". Without the Pilot, there are only 23 hour-long episodes in
    > the first two seasons.
    >
    > > And if so, will the extras from the Anchor Bay pilot DVD will be

    included
    > > (ie. commentary with Glen Gordon Caron and Bruce Willis, screen

    test etc.) thanks.

    > That, I don't know. There will be commentaries in the set by Caron
    > and Willis (and Shepherd as well), but whether that includes the
    > previous Pilot commentary is unknown.
    >
    > And by the by, reports are that there will be *NO* music alterations
    > or substitutions. Caron has reportedly said that if the episodes
    > weren't presented as originally aired, he wouldn't be interested in
    > releasing them on DVD. That, apparently, was what ultimately killed
    > Anchor Bay's plans to release the entire series.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    thanks for that. got an email from someone at the great
    www.tvshowsondvd.com website and they said the extras are all new - so
    i can probably almost just justify getting the old Anchor Bay disc.
    reidca, Mar 7, 2005
  4. reidca

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    jayembee <> wrote:

    > That, I don't know. There will be commentaries in the set by Caron
    > and Willis (and Shepherd as well), but whether that includes the
    > previous Pilot commentary is unknown.

    Willis and Shepherd together? Don't they hate each other?

    Black Locust, Mar 9, 2005
  5. Black Locust wrote:
    > jayembee <> wrote:

    >> There will be commentaries in the set by Caron and Willis (and Shepherd
    >> as well)...

    > Willis and Shepherd together? Don't they hate each other?

    Very likely, but through the magic of editing, they can both appear without
    ever having to sit in the same room ever again.

    doug

    --
    "In all your hurry, you've accidentally locked the gate..."
    --XTC
    Douglas Bailey, Mar 9, 2005
  6. reidca

    jayembee Guest

    Black Locust <> wrote:

    > jayembee <> wrote:
    >
    >> That, I don't know. There will be commentaries in the set by Caron
    >> and Willis (and Shepherd as well), but whether that includes the
    >> previous Pilot commentary is unknown.

    > Willis and Shepherd together? Don't they hate each other?

    Well, for one, there's been a lot of water under the bridge since the
    show was on the air, so it's possible that they've been able to resume
    at least a cordial relationship.

    But there's also the fact that there's nothing that says that they are
    doing any commentaries together. All the info about the sets has said
    is that there are commentaries by Caron, Willis, and Shepherd. Whether
    that means each commentary is by (a) one of the three, (b) some
    combination of two of the three, or (c) all three is anyone's guess.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Mar 9, 2005
  7. reidca

    reidca Guest

    jayembee wrote:
    > Black Locust <> wrote:
    >
    > > jayembee <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> That, I don't know. There will be commentaries in the set by Caron
    > >> and Willis (and Shepherd as well), but whether that includes the
    > >> previous Pilot commentary is unknown.

    > > Willis and Shepherd together? Don't they hate each other?

    > Well, for one, there's been a lot of water under the bridge since the
    > show was on the air, so it's possible that they've been able to

    resume
    > at least a cordial relationship.
    >
    > But there's also the fact that there's nothing that says that they

    are
    > doing any commentaries together. All the info about the sets has said
    > is that there are commentaries by Caron, Willis, and Shepherd.

    Whether
    > that means each commentary is by (a) one of the three, (b) some
    > combination of two of the three, or (c) all three is anyone's guess.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    i can't think of any *actual* titles off the top of my head (maybe they
    did it for the Quadrilogy version of the first Alien movie), but I
    swear dvd producers go to extraordinary lengths to edit commentaries to
    sound like people are in the same room when they aren't. I think one of
    the tricks is to record one actor track, then for the second actor,
    playback the first commentary track on their headphones - and then they
    can react to what the first actor said. i couldn't imagine kevin smith
    ever resorting to this!
    reidca, Mar 9, 2005
  8. reidca

    nomis Guest

    On 2005-03-09 17:29:15 -0500, "reidca" <> said:

    > jayembee wrote:
    >> Black Locust <> wrote:

    >>> Willis and Shepherd together? Don't they hate each other?

    >> Well, for one, there's been a lot of water under the bridge since the
    >> show was on the air, so it's possible that they've been able to

    > resume
    >> at least a cordial relationship.
    >>
    >> But there's also the fact that there's nothing that says that they

    > are
    >> doing any commentaries together. All the info about the sets has said
    >> is that there are commentaries by Caron, Willis, and Shepherd.

    > Whether
    >> that means each commentary is by (a) one of the three, (b) some
    >> combination of two of the three, or (c) all three is anyone's guess.
    >>
    >> -- jayembee

    > i can't think of any *actual* titles off the top of my head (maybe they
    > did it for the Quadrilogy version of the first Alien movie), but I
    > swear dvd producers go to extraordinary lengths to edit commentaries to
    > sound like people are in the same room when they aren't. I think one of
    > the tricks is to record one actor track, then for the second actor,
    > playback the first commentary track on their headphones - and then they
    > can react to what the first actor said. i couldn't imagine kevin smith
    > ever resorting to this!

    Both times the Director-Actor-Actor commentary was recorded for SEVEN
    (first LD then DVD), Fincher and Pitt are together, and comments by
    Freeman are spliced in.

    Nowadays, I think most commentaries are spliced together, which I think
    helps to keep them focused more on the movie and less on tangential
    topics.

    --
    nomis

    http://www.oozingbrain.com