Moon picture

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cuzZle, Mar 19, 2005.

  1. cuzZle

    cuzZle Guest

    cuzZle, Mar 19, 2005

  2. cuzZle

    Bigguy Guest

    Bigguy, Mar 19, 2005

  3. cuzZle

    Pete D Guest

    You should speed up your shutter.

    "cuzZle" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Please let me know what do you think .
    >
    > http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1480153
    >
    > 1/30 F8
    > ISO 100
    >
    > Konica Minolta Dimage Z2
    >

    > thank you
    > matteo

    Pete D, Mar 19, 2005
  4. I am not going to look! It might be a photo of someone mooning the camera.
    This group has gotten really weird lately!

    Gene Palmiter, Mar 19, 2005
  5. cuzZle

    TheNewsGuy Guest

    On 19 Mar 2005 07:59:03 -0800, "cuzZle" <>
    wrote:

    >Please let me know what do you think .

    Disappointed. I thought it was going to be of some college guy.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    + The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
    + (two mirrored sites)
    + http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
    + http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym NOWTHISWORKS
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    TheNewsGuy, Mar 19, 2005
  6. cuzZle

    Frank ess Guest

    > cuzZle wrote:
    >> Please let me know what do you think .
    >>
    >> http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1480153
    >>
    >> 1/30 F8
    >> ISO 100
    >>
    >> Konica Minolta Dimage Z2
    >>

    >> thank you
    >> matteo

    Looks just like the one we got over here, yesterday.

    Frank ess, Mar 20, 2005
  7. cuzZle

    Sheldon Guest

    "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    > You should speed up your shutter.

    Not if he's using something like a 500 f8 mirror, that has a fixed aperture.
    Nice shot!

    Sheldon, Mar 20, 2005
  8. cuzZle

    M-M Guest

    In article <>,
    "Sheldon" <> wrote:

    > > You should speed up your shutter.

    > Not if he's using something like a 500 f8 mirror, that has a fixed aperture.
    > Nice shot!

    So then he should manually shorten the shutter speed. The pic is a bit
    overexposed and possibly shows motion blur.

    That said, it is pretty near impossible to expose an entire partial moon
    since the terminator portion is in the shadows and the rounded side is
    brightly lit. You make your choice.

    m-m

    M-M, Mar 20, 2005
  9. cuzZle

    Pete D Guest

    "Sheldon" <> wrote in message

    > "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    >> You should speed up your shutter.

    > Not if he's using something like a 500 f8 mirror, that has a fixed
    > aperture. Nice shot!

    Didn't read the post did you??? Does a 500F8 fit on a Konica Dimage Z2, well
    yes it does I guess if you use Super Glue. You might like the shot but I see
    motion blur. He is taking a photo of something that is well lit by the sun,
    1/30 is too slow to retain sharpness unless on a tripod, he obviously did
    not use one or took it during an earth tremor.

    Pete D, Mar 20, 2005
  10. cuzZle

    Guest

    In message <HJc%d.4867$>,
    "Pete D" <> wrote:

    >Didn't read the post did you??? Does a 500F8 fit on a Konica Dimage Z2, well
    >yes it does I guess if you use Super Glue. You might like the shot but I see
    >motion blur. He is taking a photo of something that is well lit by the sun,
    >1/30 is too slow to retain sharpness unless on a tripod, he obviously did
    >not use one or took it during an earth tremor.

    The data on the web page actually says "30 seconds".
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Mar 20, 2005
  11. cuzZle

    Bob Williams Guest

    cuzZle wrote:
    > Please let me know what do you think .
    >
    > http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1480153
    >
    > 1/30 F8
    > ISO 100
    >
    > Konica Minolta Dimage Z2
    >

    > thank you
    > matteo

    Not very sharp.
    1/30 at f 8.0 and ISO 100 is way to much exposure.
    Your camera auto exposure meter saw a very dark scene (on average) and
    took a long exposure to compensate.
    You cannot hand hold a long tele shot at 1/30 sec.
    The moon is in bright sunlight so the same exposure rules apply as for
    terrestrial photography.
    Put the camera in MANUAL mode and shoot at ISO 100, f=5.6 and 1/500 sec.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Mar 20, 2005