    claimed that they would send me a postage-paid mailer to return my old disk
    1...but the mailer never arrived. Has anyone else had this experience?

    Robert
    Robert Kaiser, May 9, 2004

  2. Robert Kaiser wrote:
    > ...The ignoramuses on the other end of the phone said that the
    > replacement disk does not yet exist, and will not exist until November.

    Demonstrably untrue. I received my copy of the corrected disc (actually my
    *second* replacement from Universal) in early December 2003, so they've
    definitely pressed the discs.

    See <http://google.com/groups?selm=> for more
    details on the first replacement vs. the second replacement. It shouldn't
    be too important at this point, though: now that Universal have managed to
    correct the error, they should be able to send you the corrected disc.

    > (2) They claimed that they would send me a postage-paid mailer to return
    > my old disk 1...but the mailer never arrived. Has anyone else had this
    > experience?

    No: I got my mailer from Universal for the initial replacement, and they
    sent me the second (actually corrected) replacement free of charge.

    doug

    --
    "Kiss the arse of Uncle Sam; oh, to be an Englishman..."
    --Killing Joke
    Douglas Bailey, May 10, 2004

  3. Robert Kaiser

    TSKO Guest

    "Douglas Bailey" <> wrote in message
    > Robert Kaiser wrote:
    > > ...The ignoramuses on the other end of the phone said that the
    > > replacement disk does not yet exist, and will not exist until November.

    > Demonstrably untrue. I received my copy of the corrected disc (actually my
    > *second* replacement from Universal) in early December 2003, so they've
    > definitely pressed the discs.
    >
    > See <http://google.com/groups?selm=> for more
    > details on the first replacement vs. the second replacement. It shouldn't
    > be too important at this point, though: now that Universal have managed to
    > correct the error, they should be able to send you the corrected disc.
    >

    > > (2) They claimed that they would send me a postage-paid mailer to return
    > > my old disk 1...but the mailer never arrived. Has anyone else had this
    > > experience?

    > No: I got my mailer from Universal for the initial replacement, and they
    > sent me the second (actually corrected) replacement free of charge.
    >
    > doug
    >
    > --
    > "Kiss the arse of Uncle Sam; oh, to be an Englishman..."
    > --Killing Joke

    I also recieved my copy last yr as well....and fairly quickly I might add
    TSKO, May 10, 2004
  4. Robert Kaiser <> wrote:

    > Like many othere here, I purchased the 2 DVD set of "Monty Python's The
    > Meaning of Life", and found that disc 1 was unviewable. This problem was
    > supposed to have been corrected months ago, but Best Buy is still selling
    > the defective version.
    >
    > So, like many others, I called the replacement hotline for this disc, and
    > two problems emerged. (1) The ignoramuses on the other end of the phone
    > said that the replacement disk does not yet exist, and will not exist until
    > November. However, I have read that these disks DO exist, and they started
    > being mailed out LAST November, 2003. Which story is true? (2) They
    > claimed that they would send me a postage-paid mailer to return my old disk
    > 1...but the mailer never arrived. Has anyone else had this experience?

    what that other poster said: the disk exists. depending on when you
    called, it can take a while for the envelope to arrive. if it's been
    over a month, just call them again.
    Frank Malczewski, May 11, 2004