Monty Python and the Holy Grail SE DVD questions

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mark, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    A friend of mine is offering to sell me his unopened 2-DVD Special
    Edition (COLUMBIA 05276) of Monty Python and the Holy Grail which he
    said he bought in late 2001.

    I was searching around about this DVD and saw a few old posts say
    there were some minor problems on earlier editions of the 2-DVD SE. I
    think it said some or all of the Norwegian subtitles were missing, and
    it wasn't clear if this problem was ever fixed or if there were any
    other problems.

    Is there a detailed description of the problems with this DVD? Is
    there any way to tell if my friend's unopened DVD is affected by the
    problem(s)? For instance, was the date of the repressing (if any)
    after 2001 or are there any identifying marks on the UPC barcode?

    If not, would I be better off paying more to buy this same DVD from a
    store to hopefully get a newer copy or is it pretty safe to buy this
    old one from my friend at a discount? His outside case looks the same
    as what's pictured on Amazon.

    Thanks.

    Mark, Apr 11, 2005