    RnR Lesnar
    It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle
    Bush/Cheney 2004

    RnR Lesnar, Apr 21, 2004

  2. RnR Lesnar

    djskyler Guest

    "RnR Lesnar" <> wrote in message
    news:c64p7m$ar0$...
    > I'm trying to decide if I should order the Monster Legacy set. I've never
    > seen any of the movies in the set, only bits and pieces of them but I

    don't
    > remember a whole lot about them. Is it worth it purely as a collectible or
    > must have dvd set?
    >

    > --
    > RnR Lesnar
    > It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle
    > Bush/Cheney 2004

    I certainly wouldn't consider it "collectible" as an object, per say. But
    as I am fond of the films, it is a must-have DVD set, especially at that
    price.
    My enjoyment of the Universal Monster films developed when I was a child.
    As you say you have only seen bits and pieces of them, I suggest you rent
    one of the titles before you decide if they are your cup of tea.

    djskyler, Apr 21, 2004

  3. RnR Lesnar

    jayembee Guest

    "RnR Lesnar" <> wrote:

    > I'm trying to decide if I should order the Monster Legacy
    > set. I've never seen any of the movies in the set, only
    > bits and pieces of them but I don't remember a whole lot
    > about them. Is it worth it purely as a collectible or
    > must have dvd set?

    Personally, I love most of the films that will be included.
    I hesitate to blindly recommend it, though, only because I
    don't know how *you* would like them, and I'd hate to make
    you spend $80 (or whatever discounted price you find) on
    something that you end up not liking.

    However, it's worth keeping in mind that the Monster Legacy
    Collection is a mega-set of three other sets being released
    at the same time:

    The Frankenstein Legacy Collection
    The Dracula Legacy Collection
    The Wolf Man Legacy Collection

    You don't really save anything buying the mega-set over the
    individual collections, so you might want to consider trying
    one of the individual sets to see if you like it, and if so,
    pick up the other two. I think the Frankenstein set would be
    the best first choice, then the Dracula, then the Wolf Man.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Apr 22, 2004
  4. RnR Lesnar

    G. Bates Guest

    (jayembee) wrote in message news:<>...
    > "RnR Lesnar" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm trying to decide if I should order the Monster Legacy
    > > set. I've never seen any of the movies in the set, only
    > > bits and pieces of them but I don't remember a whole lot
    > > about them. Is it worth it purely as a collectible or
    > > must have dvd set?

    > Personally, I love most of the films that will be included.
    > I hesitate to blindly recommend it, though, only because I
    > don't know how *you* would like them, and I'd hate to make
    > you spend $80 (or whatever discounted price you find) on
    > something that you end up not liking.
    >
    > However, it's worth keeping in mind that the Monster Legacy
    > Collection is a mega-set of three other sets being released
    > at the same time:
    >
    > The Frankenstein Legacy Collection
    > The Dracula Legacy Collection
    > The Wolf Man Legacy Collection
    >
    > You don't really save anything buying the mega-set over the
    > individual collections, so you might want to consider trying
    > one of the individual sets to see if you like it, and if so,
    > pick up the other two. I think the Frankenstein set would be
    > the best first choice, then the Dracula, then the Wolf Man.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    I've seen the individual sets for around $22 and the Monster Legacy
    set for around $56.

    GB

    G. Bates, Apr 23, 2004
  5. RnR Lesnar

    jayembee Guest

    (G. Bates) wrote:

    > I've seen the individual sets for around $22 and the
    > Monster Legacy set for around $56.

    Well, that's bizarre. MSRP for each of the individual sets
    is $27, for a total of $81, while the MSRP on the mega-set
    is $80. A savings of $1.

    But, yeah, I looked at Amazon, and they're offering only a
    15% discount for the individuals, and 30% for the mega. And,
    apparently, there's been so much demand for the mega that
    they don't have enough to ship next week.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Apr 23, 2004
  6. On 23 Apr 2004 05:42:36 -0700, (jayembee)
    wrote:

    > (G. Bates) wrote:
    >
    >> I've seen the individual sets for around $22 and the
    >> Monster Legacy set for around $56.

    >Well, that's bizarre. MSRP for each of the individual sets
    >is $27, for a total of $81, while the MSRP on the mega-set
    >is $80. A savings of $1.
    >
    >But, yeah, I looked at Amazon, and they're offering only a
    >15% discount for the individuals, and 30% for the mega. And,
    >apparently, there's been so much demand for the mega that
    >they don't have enough to ship next week.

    I received mine on Thursday from an online retailer that often ships
    early. $76.98 cdn. The statues are a bit chintzy but overall it's a
    great box with those statues being a nice bonus. I'll probably keep
    the box displayed on top of the bookcase. "Frankenstein" appears to
    be the same master as the Universal release, I don't have the original
    DVD releases of the other films for comparison.

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Apr 23, 2004
  7. RnR Lesnar

    RnR Lesnar Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > (G. Bates) wrote:
    >
    > > I've seen the individual sets for around $22 and the
    > > Monster Legacy set for around $56.

    > Well, that's bizarre. MSRP for each of the individual sets
    > is $27, for a total of $81, while the MSRP on the mega-set
    > is $80. A savings of $1.

    I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon. If I dont like them, it's still a
    nice box set.

    Why do you think the prices are bizarre? It's more bizarre to see DVD prices
    at the MSRP. Using Best buy, Deepdiscountdvd, and Amazon never charge near
    the msrp, especially the first week of release.

    --
    RnR Lesnar
    It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

    RnR Lesnar, Apr 23, 2004
  8. RnR Lesnar

    CLos281713 Guest

    It's only a savings of $1 but you get the three mini monster busts also with
    the box set.

    CLos281713, Apr 24, 2004
  9. RnR Lesnar

    RnR Lesnar Guest

    On Amazon, it's a savings of $12.80 if you buy the set. Amazon sells each
    individual one for $22.93 and the set is $55.99

    --
    RnR Lesnar
    It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

    RnR Lesnar, Apr 24, 2004
  10. RnR Lesnar

    RnR Lesnar Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "RnR Lesnar" <> wrote:

    > >> Well, that's bizarre. MSRP for each of the individual sets
    > >> is $27, for a total of $81, while the MSRP on the mega-set
    > >> is $80. A savings of $1.

    > > Why do you think the prices are bizarre? It's more bizarre
    > > to see DVD prices at the MSRP. Using Best buy, Deepdiscountdvd,
    > > and Amazon never charge near the msrp, especially the first
    > > week of release.

    > I didn't say that it was bizarre that the prices were lower
    > than MSRP. I was saying that it's bizarre that Amazon was
    > offering only half the discount for the individual sets that
    > they were for the mega-set (15% as opposed to 30%).
    >
    > I brought up the MSRP only to point out that, as far as
    > Universal is concerned, there's no price difference between
    > getting the three individual sets and getting the mega-set.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Sorry I misunderstood you. I guess they have to charge more for the
    individual packs to get the same profit margin.

    --
    RnR Lesnar
    It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

    RnR Lesnar, Apr 24, 2004
  11. >> I didn't say that it was bizarre that the prices were lower
    >> than MSRP. I was saying that it's bizarre that Amazon was
    >> offering only half the discount for the individual sets that
    >> they were for the mega-set (15% as opposed to 30%).

    Now you've got me confoozed! I just ordered the legacy from Amazon and they
    say the price is 30% off retail. At $55.99 for 13 movies I consider this a
    bargain. Been looking for several of these for a long time.
    Best,

    Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

    MarkZimmerman, Apr 25, 2004
  12. On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:54:36 -0400, "Steve(JazzHunter)"
    <> wrote:

    >I received mine on Thursday from an online retailer that often ships
    >early. $76.98 cdn. The statues are a bit chintzy but overall it's a
    >great box with those statues being a nice bonus. I'll probably keep
    >the box displayed on top of the bookcase. "Frankenstein" appears to
    >be the same master as the Universal release, I don't have the original
    >DVD releases of the other films for comparison.
    >
    > . Steve .

    Does the Frankenstein set have the Bride trailer? I took a look at
    the packaging today and it mentioned only the Frankenstein trailers.
    And do they still retain the production notes?

    Brent Wilkins, Apr 27, 2004
  13. RnR Lesnar

    RnR Lesnar Guest

    Amazon says the monster set will ship in 1-3 weeks now. Glad I orderd mine
    early, its supposed to come in tommorrow.

    --
    RnR Lesnar
    It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

    RnR Lesnar, Apr 28, 2004
  14. RnR Lesnar

    JimReid56 Guest

    >Amazon says the monster set will ship in 1-3 weeks now. Glad I orderd mine
    >early, its supposed to come in tommorrow.

    I pre-ordered mine several months ago and received an email that it shipped on
    Monday.

    JimReid56, Apr 28, 2004
  15. RnR Lesnar

    jayembee Guest

    (JimReid56) wrote:

    >>Amazon says the monster set will ship in 1-3 weeks now. Glad I orderd mine
    >>early, its supposed to come in tommorrow.

    >I pre-ordered mine several months ago and received an email that it shipped on
    >Monday.

    Hunh. I picked my copy up at Best Buy yesterday. Got there just in
    time, too. When I walked in (around 5:00pm), there were 5 sets in the
    display. When I left a half-hour later, they were all gone.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Apr 28, 2004
  16. RnR Lesnar

    JMKAUFFMAN Guest

    Got my email from Amazon on Monday and amazingly the set arrived yesterday.
    Fastest delivery yet.

    JMKAUFFMAN, Apr 28, 2004
  17. On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:35:45 GMT, (Brent Wilkins)
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:54:36 -0400, "Steve(JazzHunter)"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>I received mine on Thursday from an online retailer that often ships
    >>early. $76.98 cdn. The statues are a bit chintzy but overall it's a
    >>great box with those statues being a nice bonus. I'll probably keep
    >>the box displayed on top of the bookcase. "Frankenstein" appears to
    >>be the same master as the Universal release, I don't have the original
    >>DVD releases of the other films for comparison.
    >>
    >> . Steve .
    >>>

    >Does the Frankenstein set have the Bride trailer? I took a look at
    >the packaging today and it mentioned only the Frankenstein trailers.
    >And do they still retain the production notes?

    No the Production notes are gone. I'm not sure about the "Bride"
    trailer since the supplements, being scattered across several discs,
    are a bit hard to sort through.

    Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Apr 28, 2004
  18. RnR Lesnar

    RnR Lesnar Guest

    Amazon's free shipping is the best out of anyone. It only takes 2-3 days for
    a DVD to get delivered. Best Buy, Buy, and Deepdiscount all take a week or
    more with their free shipping.

    --
    RnR Lesnar
    It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

    RnR Lesnar, Apr 28, 2004
  19. RnR Lesnar

    jayembee Guest

    (Brent Wilkins) wrote:

    > Does the Frankenstein set have the Bride trailer? I took
    > a look at the packaging today and it mentioned only the
    > Frankenstein trailers.

    Yes, the Bride trailer is in the set.

    > And do they still retain the production notes?

    No.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Apr 29, 2004