    Any recommendations?
    Thanks,
    Paul

    peweg, Dec 26, 2003

  2. peweg

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>, peweg wrote:

    > Any recommendations?
    > Thanks,
    > Paul

    Novoflex BBSTOCK is a Leki cross country pole and monopod. Use it by
    itself or with the Novoflex BASIC BALL. 2 BBSTOCK and a BASIC BALL makes
    a duo pod. 3 BBSTOCK and a BASIC BALL make an extremely light and strong
    tripod.

    See http://www.novoflex.com/english/html/products.htm

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Dec 26, 2003

  3. peweg

    Argon3 Guest

    Check out the Sierra Trading Post website...they always seem to have close-out
    stuff like guide poles with 1/4X20 mounts on top.

    argon

    Argon3, Dec 26, 2003
  4. peweg

    RustY © Guest

    <peweg> wrote in message news:...
    > Any recommendations?

    Don't buy one until you have seen it ! Many of the ones that are sold as
    hiking poles are useless for the job. If you are going down a steep
    gradient the pole needs to be as tall as you are and should easily support
    your weight without collapsing - not many fit this spec. I looked at quite
    a few but in the end decided to stick to my solid wood pole and a telescopic
    monopod.
    --
    For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

    RustY ©, Dec 26, 2003
  5. peweg

    John Bean Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 19:32:17 -0500, Bob Salomon wrote:

    > In article <>, peweg wrote:
    >
    >> Any recommendations?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Paul

    > Novoflex BBSTOCK is a Leki cross country pole and monopod. Use it by
    > itself or with the Novoflex BASIC BALL. 2 BBSTOCK and a BASIC BALL makes
    > a duo pod. 3 BBSTOCK and a BASIC BALL make an extremely light and strong
    > tripod.
    >
    > See http://www.novoflex.com/english/html/products.htm

    I agree. I have the original Leki branded version known as the Sierra
    Photo. It's amazingly light and very effective in either role.

    I considered the Gitzo 1560 Monotrek which has a mini ball head, but it's
    much heavier than the Leki and costs twice as much.

    --
    John Bean

    I don't read books, but I have friends who do (George W. Bush)

    John Bean, Dec 26, 2003
  6. peweg

    Mark Johnson Guest

    Bob Salomon <> wrote:

    >In article <>, peweg wrote:

    >Novoflex BBSTOCK is a Leki cross country pole and monopod. Use it by
    >itself or with the Novoflex BASIC BALL. 2 BBSTOCK and a BASIC BALL makes
    >a duo pod. 3 BBSTOCK and a BASIC BALL make an extremely light and strong
    >tripod.

    >See http://www.novoflex.com/english/html/products.htm

    Where do you see a lightweight pole at that URL, or from any link?

    Mark Johnson, Dec 26, 2003
  7. peweg

    John Bean Guest

    On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 03:45:45 -0800, Mark Johnson wrote:

    > Bob Salomon <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, peweg wrote:

    >>Novoflex BBSTOCK is a Leki cross country pole and monopod. Use it by
    >>itself or with the Novoflex BASIC BALL. 2 BBSTOCK and a BASIC BALL makes
    >>a duo pod. 3 BBSTOCK and a BASIC BALL make an extremely light and strong
    >>tripod.

    >>See http://www.novoflex.com/english/html/products.htm

    > Where do you see a lightweight pole at that URL, or from any link?

    The BBSTOCK that Bob refers to is on the tripods page, complete with
    photograph and specification. It is described as a "telescope rod" probably
    because of bad translation, but it's pretty obvious what it is from the
    picture.

    --
    John Bean

    I like to tell people I have the heart of a small boy.
    Then I say it's in a jar on my desk (Stephen King)

    John Bean, Dec 26, 2003
  8. peweg

    Mark Johnson Guest

    John Bean <> wrote:

    >>>See http://www.novoflex.com/english/html/products.htm

    >> Where do you see a lightweight pole at that URL, or from any link?

    >The BBSTOCK that Bob refers to is on the tripods page, complete with
    >photograph and specification. It is described as a "telescope rod" probably
    >because of bad translation, but it's pretty obvious what it is from the
    >picture.

    Yeah, it does say "BBSTOCK". I guess the:

    Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL
    result resource in
    /www/www.novoflex.de/htdocs/english/html/eorderblock.php on line 12

    kinda threw me. Plus you can't even see the item in the picture. But
    the order code does say BBSTOCK. You are right.

    Those guys need a website designer.

    Mark Johnson, Dec 26, 2003
  9. peweg

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    Mark Johnson <> wrote:

    > >> Where do you see a lightweight pole at that URL, or from any link?

    > >The BBSTOCK that Bob refers to is on the tripods page, complete with
    > >photograph and specification. It is described as a "telescope rod" probably
    > >because of bad translation, but it's pretty obvious what it is from the
    > >picture.

    > Yeah, it does say "BBSTOCK". I guess the:
    >
    > Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL
    > result resource in
    > /www/www.novoflex.de/htdocs/english/html/eorderblock.php on line 12
    >
    > kinda threw me. Plus you can't even see the item in the picture. But
    > the order code does say BBSTOCK. You are right.
    >
    > Those guys need a website designer.

    Then look here

    http://www.hpmarketingcorp.com/novoflex.html

    Bottom 1/3rd of the page.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Dec 26, 2003
  10. peweg

    Mark Johnson Guest

    Bob Salomon <> wrote:

    >http://www.hpmarketingcorp.com/novoflex.html

    >Bottom 1/3rd of the page.

    Just kind of sat there and didn't load, or just kept loading and doing
    nothing. Maybe a lot of Flash garbage or java applets? I don't know.
    Something was holding it up.

    Good page design means fast loading. I would say it also necessarily
    implies the absence of Flash garbage. But I don't know what was
    ultimately on that URL, you cited. Nothing happened.

    Mark Johnson, Dec 26, 2003
  11. peweg

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    Mark Johnson <> wrote:

    > Bob Salomon <> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.hpmarketingcorp.com/novoflex.html

    > >Bottom 1/3rd of the page.

    > Just kind of sat there and didn't load, or just kept loading and doing
    > nothing. Maybe a lot of Flash garbage or java applets? I don't know.
    > Something was holding it up.
    >
    > Good page design means fast loading. I would say it also necessarily
    > implies the absence of Flash garbage. But I don't know what was
    > ultimately on that URL, you cited. Nothing happened.

    I opened it just before posting the address which I pasted in. There are
    no flash garbage or java scripts. Just images which all loaded fine
    earlier today on my PB G4.

    Sorry it wouldn't load for you. However some of the images are a bit
    large.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Dec 26, 2003