    Can anyone explain if 15 inch LCD screens can compare to 17 inch CRT.
    Regards

    Steve
    Steve F, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Steve F

    Scrote Guest

    Steve F wrote:
    >> Not sure where to post this question but I thought I would try here.
    >> If anyone knows of a better place please let me know.
    >>
    >> An office reorganisation (in the UK) is taking place at my work and
    >> the unions are saying that all people with monitors which are 15
    >> inch or smaller need to be upgraded under Health and Saftey Rules.
    >>
    >> Not got a problem upgrading 15 inch CRT monitors to 17 inch CRT
    >> monitors.
    >> However some monitors are 15 inch LCD. Does health and safety
    >> legislation mention about monitor sizes?
    >>
    >> Can anyone explain if 15 inch LCD screens can compare to 17 inch CRT.
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Steve

    Although I make no claim as to any expertise in H&S, this sounds like
    complete bollocks to me. Some dick has decided in his/her capacity as a
    HSE rep that people will squint less at a larger monitor or some such
    codswallop.
    I had a similar experience the other day, when someone from a County
    Council, had been advised by a mental deficient posing as the "Data
    Protection Officer", that to give out a postcode contravened the Data
    Protection Act! Give me strength.
    --
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to convince a woman
    that even a bargain costs money. -- Edgar Watson Howe
    Scrote, Dec 9, 2004

  3. "Scrote" <> wrote in message
    > Steve F wrote:
    >>> Not sure where to post this question but I thought I would try here.
    >>> If anyone knows of a better place please let me know.
    >>>
    >>> An office reorganisation (in the UK) is taking place at my work and
    >>> the unions are saying that all people with monitors which are 15
    >>> inch or smaller need to be upgraded under Health and Saftey Rules.
    >>>
    >>> Not got a problem upgrading 15 inch CRT monitors to 17 inch CRT
    >>> monitors.
    >>> However some monitors are 15 inch LCD. Does health and safety
    >>> legislation mention about monitor sizes?
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone explain if 15 inch LCD screens can compare to 17 inch CRT.
    >>> Regards
    >>>
    >>> Steve

    > Although I make no claim as to any expertise in H&S, this sounds like
    > complete bollocks to me. Some dick has decided in his/her capacity as a
    > HSE rep that people will squint less at a larger monitor or some such
    > codswallop.
    > I had a similar experience the other day, when someone from a County
    > Council, had been advised by a mental deficient posing as the "Data
    > Protection Officer", that to give out a postcode contravened the Data
    > Protection Act! Give me strength.
    > --
    > One of the most difficult things in the world is to convince a woman
    > that even a bargain costs money. -- Edgar Watson Howe

    Between the HSE and the EEC this country is being brought to its knees, all
    these petty little fuckin beaurocrats that arent good enough to cut it in
    the Private Sector
    Dr Hackenbush, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Steve F

    ~Brian~ Guest

    "Steve F" <> wrote in message
    > Not sure where to post this question but I thought I would try here. If
    > anyone knows of a better place please let me know.
    >
    > An office reorganisation (in the UK) is taking place at my work and the
    > unions are saying that all people with monitors which are 15 inch or
    > smaller need to be upgraded under Health and Saftey Rules.
    >
    > Not got a problem upgrading 15 inch CRT monitors to 17 inch CRT
    > monitors.
    > However some monitors are 15 inch LCD. Does health and safety
    > legislation mention about monitor sizes?
    >
    > Can anyone explain if 15 inch LCD screens can compare to 17 inch CRT.
    > Regards
    >
    > Steve

    Try looking Here:
    http://www.lasa.org.uk/knowledgebase/pages/mngcomphealthsafety.shtml
    ~Brian~, Dec 9, 2004
  5. Steve F

    why? Guest

    On 9 Dec 2004 02:55:05 -0800, Steve F wrote:

    >Not sure where to post this question but I thought I would try here. If
    >anyone knows of a better place please let me know.
    >
    >An office reorganisation (in the UK) is taking place at my work and the
    >unions are saying that all people with monitors which are 15 inch or
    >smaller need to be upgraded under Health and Saftey Rules.
    >
    >Not got a problem upgrading 15 inch CRT monitors to 17 inch CRT
    >monitors.
    >However some monitors are 15 inch LCD. Does health and safety
    >legislation mention about monitor sizes?

    Try the following, it's only a few links I have pasted from other
    sources and can't say any thing regarding content.

    http://www.hse.gov.uk/

    http://www.hse.gov.uk/lau/lacs/16-1.htm
    DSE 1992

    http://www.freesafetycheck.co.uk/june9.html

    http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1073793585

    >Can anyone explain if 15 inch LCD screens can compare to 17 inch CRT.
    >Regards

    Nope. Although I am had to argue a similar point at work. A 19"CRT to
    15" LCD issue a while ago, I have been told they are equivalent despite
    the fact the LCD max res is 1024x768, while the CRT is 1152x864 and 120%
    zoom on the display font size. The lack of resolution and enlarged font
    doesn't work on a 15" screen 'for me'.

    >Steve

    Me
    why?, Dec 9, 2004